baptista

REX 3d Force

111 posts in this topic

Yes, Storm Quest is a separate (not flight sim) game.

In the beginning Storm will likely be limited to specific regions, but the end goal is to have it be a worldwide platform as well. If you have more questions about it, feel free to post in the forum that Reed linked above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REX Support said:

Yes, Storm Quest is a separate (not flight sim) game.

In the beginning Storm will likely be limited to specific regions, but the end goal is to have it be a worldwide platform as well. If you have more questions about it, feel free to post in the forum that Reed linked above.

I see :) but will StormQuest allow user to get into a plane to see tornadoes from air? fly and see overcast and some towerclouds :)

what I was on the REX Sky Force 3D PDF is enouh :) (Tornado, rainshaft, cumulus, cumulonimbus, supercell, shelf cloud, etc) :) andFSX/P3D is already wordwide, as much vehicles as we want (airplane aswell) following real weather datas 

Greetz, ASim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, The777Pilot said:

I see :) but will StormQuest allow user to get into a plane to see tornadoes from air? fly and see overcast and some towerclouds :)

what I was on the REX Sky Force 3D PDF is enouh :) (Tornado, rainshaft, cumulus, cumulonimbus, supercell, shelf cloud, etc) :) andFSX/P3D is already wordwide, as much vehicles as we want (airplane aswell) following real weather datas 

Greetz, ASim

No Storm Quest is an actual storm chasing game.   No flight simulation involved there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rstough said:

No Storm Quest is an actual storm chasing game.   No flight simulation involved there.

 

That why I'll use FSX/P3D :) (I can't clearly explain you better than I did as Im french :/)

Keep it up guys, and dont forget more pictures :P

ASim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2016 at 10:07 PM, rstough said:

Sky Force is a re-write of the cloud depiction and weather system.  So whatever weather engine is being used will be able to show what Sky Force has to offer.  

but you did not answer the original asked question.

will other weather engines such as ASN be able to use the new weather engine features, such as 4000 clouds OOB (out of the Box)?

or ASN and others need to do some customization and change their current code to be able and take advantage of those features?

Edited by KillaBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KillaBee said:

but you did not answer the original asked question.

will other weather engines such as ASN be able to use the new weather engine features, such as 4000 clouds OOB (out of the Box)?

or ASN and others need to do some customization and change their current code to be able and take advantage of those features?

Hi,

It's compatible with all weather engine as stated on the PDF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex Kane said:

Hi,

It's compatible with all weather engine as stated on the PDF.

Even when it comes to dynamic injection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mohammedkaafar said:

Even when it comes to dynamic injection?

Yes, compatible for all.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Kane said:

Yes, compatible for all.

Stupid question: what is dynalic injection? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Alex Kane said:

Hi,

It's compatible with all weather engine as stated on the PDF.

that is not the question. compatible is relative. the question was what type of customization is needed on ASN and others like (OpusFSI, etc.) to take advantage

of those features? for example if REX introduced 4000 cloud types and FSX/P3D only has 300 cloud types. Hence, ASN is program to only use 300 cloud types as

they have no idea of the other (additional) 3700 cloud types out there for them to use. that means ASN and others like, might need to do some customization in their code to use those additional cloud types.

That was an example.

 

REX wrote a whole new API for clouds (they claimed they rewritten the SIM's cloud engine / API), not just added textures. API's require proper API invocation to utilize them fully. 

ASN and others are not aware of such API features, so it can't be supported Out of The Box with our current ASN (others) core code...

some customization on ASN, Opus, etc. is required to take advantage on those new exposed / replaced APIs

Edited by KillaBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alex Kane said:

Yes, compatible for all.

So, even if we use  ASN, AS2016, we will see special phenomenons such as Shelf cloud, tower clouds, Wall Cloud, Tornadoes etc? :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These announcements and the pictures that go with them are nothing short of AMAZING, coming from someone that has flown every FS version since FS3 (except P3D and Steam version). 

It has been a few years but, if I recall correctly, on your first weather engine the weather updater required the user to move a certain distance in order to update, so standing on an airport implied unchanging weather. Has this changed? 

Kind regards and I couldn't be more looking forward to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KillaBee said:

that is not the question. compatible is relative. the question was what type of customization is needed on ASN and others like (OpusFSI, etc.) to take advantage

of those features? for example if REX introduced 4000 cloud types and FSX/P3D only has 300 cloud types. Hence, ASN is program to only use 300 cloud types as

they have no idea of the other (additional) 3700 cloud types out there for them to use. that means ASN and others like, might need to do some customization in their code to use those additional cloud types.

That was an example.

 

REX wrote a whole new API for clouds (they claimed they rewritten the SIM's cloud engine / API), not just added textures. API's require proper API invocation to utilize them fully. 

ASN and others are not aware of such API features, so it can't be supported Out of The Box with our current ASN (others) core code...

some customization on ASN, Opus, etc. is required to take advantage on those new exposed / replaced APIs

You don't need to do anything for any weather engine take advantage, all new clouds model\variations replace default are used automatically without issue, not restricted, they are following the Fs SDK and the Metar..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The777Pilot said:

So, even if we use  ASN, AS2016, we will see special phenomenons such as Shelf cloud, tower clouds, Wall Cloud, Tornadoes etc? :)

Yes, or Sky Force would not work with anything. It's not a weather engine in itself but improves default and adds variations without restricting the weather engine, including default FS weather engine, freeware and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KillaBee Also, to add what Alex stated, there are things we cannot discuss just yet. You will understand more when we get the website up and explain the tech more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ridgeskimmer,

Thermals will not come from Sky Force, however we are working on Weather Force, our newest weather engine.

Also, I have edited your post. Please post non-REX related software questions in their respective forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

First of all I am impressed with what this piece of software promisses.

So if I understand the whole thing correctly... Sky Force will be a replacement for the DEPICTION/Rendering-Engine that lifes inside the Flightsim!? So in that case it will not interfere with any "Weather Engine" that provides "realtime" METAR updates and will just take care of the rendering of clouds by depicting the much more accurate equivalent that Sky Force provides.

For an example:

I use ASN and Sky Force 3D. Then ASN will provide the METAR and send it to the FS. Then Sky Force kicks in and handles the depictions and rendering of clouds.

 

When that will be the case this piece of software is a must have once it gets available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timest999 said:

Hi Ridgeskimmer,

Thermals will not come from Sky Force, however we are working on Weather Force, our newest weather engine.

Also, I have edited your post. Please post non-REX related software questions in their respective forums. 

Thank you and sorry! A weather engine that can produce realistically sized and strength thermals placed under actual thermal producing clouds (Cumulus/CuNimb) will be an instant winner amongst the online soaring/gliding community and has been long awaited for!........now if you could also produce lee waves placed accurately near lenticular clouds?!......maybe that's a dream too far! But what i see so far on your trailer looks fantastic. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of the other weather engines work well with multi PC setups using Wideview with the main program on the server, and network bridges on the view PC's. If multiple licenses of Sky Force 3D are purchased and installed on each PC that displays scenery views, will it transfer the clouds etc.. in sync over the bridge with the weather?

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, boris4356 said:

A couple of the other weather engines work well with multi PC setups using Wideview with the main program on the server, and network bridges on the view PC's. If multiple licenses of Sky Force 3D are purchased and installed on each PC that displays scenery views, will it transfer the clouds etc.. in sync over the bridge with the weather?

Bill

+1   I used 4 pc with prepar3d using Wideview too,  the weather engine is FS real global weather , fsgrw is able to synchronize all computers by ip , Can that be possible in 3d REX force

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@boris4356 @angelvilla You do not have to worry I guess. Sky Force is designed to improve the DEPICTION and RENDERING, it does not interfere with anything than the actuall displaying of Cloudmodels. So whatever is providing the METAR (thats what any weather engine I know does) will just give the information what should be displayed. Sky Force 3D should therefore is forced to be installed on the same PC as the Simulator, as it will definitly alter some files in some kind to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2016 at 11:24 PM, boris4356 said:

A couple of the other weather engines work well with multi PC setups using Wideview with the main program on the server, and network bridges on the view PC's. If multiple licenses of Sky Force 3D are purchased and installed on each PC that displays scenery views, will it transfer the clouds etc.. in sync over the bridge with the weather?

Bill

Hi Bill,

As of right now, it should be able to work fine, as long as each PC has its own version of Sky Force installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, REX Support said:

Hi Bill,

As of right now, it should be able to work fine, as long as each PC has its own version of Sky Force installed.

That is great news!

Thanks,

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • See our many awards!