baptista

REX 3d Force

111 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mooze said:

My understanding is that REX Sky Force 3D changes the way of injecting the weather into the sim in a more accurate way, this is not a weather engine on its own, this is why it is compatible with all 3rd party weather engines or even FS weather.

Think they said it is supposed to work (or be able to work with) Environment Force..

Can anyone from REX please explain to an old thicky (me!):

a:) The difference between Sky Force 3D and Environment Force?

b:) How they are supposed to work together?

Same question here, the video and the PDF link...WOW FACTOR -  Amazing stuff for a any pilot. 

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Think they said it is supposed to work (or be able to work with) Environment Force..

Can anyone from REX please explain to an old thicky (me!):

a:) The difference between Sky Force 3D and Environment Force?

b:) How they are supposed to work together?

Kevin - thank you for your questions.   There is a big difference between the two products.  Sky Force is a complete rewrite of the cloud/weather system.  That way we can create more realistic clouds structures and patterns than what FSX or P3D ever offered in the past.  Thus, we have reviewed a cloud atlas such as:  http://cloudchart.com/ and have built every different kind of cloud based upon this chart.  That is why we can say we have 4000 variations and not 100 like someone else states.  

In addition, Sky Force includes variations of severity in precipitation modelled.  Light, moderate, and dense rain shafts.  Also, we have created multiple versions of Cumulonimbus types.  These represent varying kinds of weather setups. 

Environment Force is the underlying core to Weather Force.  Environment Force is its own product in itself.  I allows a user to tinker with specific environmental variables of the sim in real-time while the sim is running.  Weather Force will use Environment Force to change these variables based upon real-time weather data.  Environment Force/ Weather Force will work hand in hand with Sky Force.  Thus, as Sky Force reads real weather it will change clouds models on the fly so that weather will change as you go.

6 minutes ago, rstough said:

Kevin - thank you for your questions.   There is a big difference between the two products.  Sky Force is a complete rewrite of the cloud/weather system.  That way we can create more realistic clouds structures and patterns than what FSX or P3D ever offered in the past.  Thus, we have reviewed a cloud atlas such as:  http://cloudchart.com/ and have built every different kind of cloud based upon this chart.  That is why we can say we have 4000 variations and not 100 like someone else states.  

In addition, Sky Force includes variations of severity in precipitation modelled.  Light, moderate, and dense rain shafts.  Also, we have created multiple versions of Cumulonimbus types.  These represent varying kinds of weather setups. 

Environment Force is the underlying core to Weather Force.  Environment Force is its own product in itself.  I allows a user to tinker with specific environmental variables of the sim in real-time while the sim is running.  Weather Force will use Environment Force to change these variables based upon real-time weather data.  Environment Force/ Weather Force will work hand in hand with Sky Force.  Thus, as Sky Force reads real weather it will change clouds models on the fly so that weather will change as you go.

Just going back to my question earlier.  You mention skyforce is compatible with all weather engines.  For example, I use ASN.  ASN doesn't have 4000 different cloud formations in it.  So if using ASN in conjunction with Skyforce 3d, will ASN allow Skyforce to inject all 4000 cloud models into sim, or does ASN limit Skyforce to the default bumber of cloud models?  I just want to be sure if I buy that I would still be able to see tornados and other phenomena that ASN doesn't depict?  Also, if I have ASN with Skyforce, does Skyforce read the METARS, right from the ASN injected weather?

Looking forward to this,

Rob

So, I'm guessing the clouds here will overrule the ones in REX Texture Direct, right?

Also, I just realized you're working on your own weather engine.  Can't wait for that!  I think I will hold out for that instead of getting the new AS 2016.  However, in the meantime my question above might still be relevant for others using AS.  Do you plan on a more or less concurrent release of Skyforce and Weatherforce?

Cheers,

Rob

3 hours ago, ual763 said:

Just going back to my question earlier.  You mention skyforce is compatible with all weather engines.  For example, I use ASN.  ASN doesn't have 4000 different cloud formations in it.  So if using ASN in conjunction with Skyforce 3d, will ASN allow Skyforce to inject all 4000 cloud models into sim, or does ASN limit Skyforce to the default bumber of cloud models?  I just want to be sure if I buy that I would still be able to see tornados and other phenomena that ASN doesn't depict?  Also, if I have ASN with Skyforce, does Skyforce read the METARS, right from the ASN injected weather?

Looking forward to this,

Rob

I may be totally off the mark here, but here is my understanding from reading across multiple forums etc...

There is a weather depiction system in FSX. For years REX and others have modified the textures etc but basically utilized the same system. When a weather engine like Active Sky Next injects weather into FSX, it is still utilizing that weather depiction system, which pulls on the replacement textures from say Rex4 Texture Direct. They have applied some tricks such as overlapping cloud layers for overcast etc to try and create a more realistic environment, but you are still relying on the FSX system.

REX Sky Force 3D rewrites the weather depiction system within FSX (including new textures). When a 3rd Party weather engine pulls real world weather and indicates a thunderstorm system and injects that into the sim, it is Sky Force that will depict that system in an entirely updated way because it will no longer rely on the old FSX system.

If I'm reading this right, all clouds will now be 3D instead of 2D sprites, for both FSX and P3D, correct? If so does that mean we can now get Cloud to Ground Shadows in FSX if Ground Shadows are enabled? (Like in P3D)

6 hours ago, rstough said:

Aha thanks :) I think I've got it now!

So before we had a weather engine using changeable texture sets, just 2 products.

Now we will have 4 products:

1. Weather Force (the weather engine)

2. Sky Force (the new 3000 cloud models)

3. Environment Force (the underlying element that allows dynamic weather and visual changes in sim)

4. Texture Direct (texture sets as before) or does this become obsolete now to some extent?

These are designed to complement each other if used together but are modular to allow users to choose to use different weather engines or if they wish to - a kind of mix and match feature set?

Cheers K

19 hours ago, ual763 said:

Looking forward to this,

Rob

Sky Force is a re-write of the cloud depiction and weather system.  So whatever weather engine is being used will be able to show what Sky Force has to offer.  

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Juanvito said:

So, I'm guessing the clouds here will overrule the ones in REX Texture Direct, right?

Sky Force has to do with models and textures, REX Texture Direct is strictly textures only.

18 hours ago, ual763 said:

Also, I just realized you're working on your own weather engine.  Can't wait for that!  I think I will hold out for that instead of getting the new AS 2016.  However, in the meantime my question above might still be relevant for others using AS.  Do you plan on a more or less concurrent release of Skyforce and Weatherforce?

Cheers,

Rob

I can't answer that right now.  It depends on how much is done with both at the same time of testing and release.

14 hours ago, tf51d said:

If I'm reading this right, all clouds will now be 3D instead of 2D sprites, for both FSX and P3D, correct? If so does that mean we can now get Cloud to Ground Shadows in FSX if Ground Shadows are enabled? (Like in P3D)

Neither P3D nor FSX offer pure 3D clouds.  The shadows generated within P3D is not necessarily generated off of true 3D cloud models.

12 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Aha thanks :) I think I've got it now!

So before we had a weather engine using changeable texture sets, just 2 products.

Now we will have 4 products:

1. Weather Force (the weather engine)

2. Sky Force (the new 3000 cloud models)

3. Environment Force (the underlying element that allows dynamic weather and visual changes in sim)

4. Texture Direct (texture sets as before) or does this become obsolete now to some extent?

These are designed to complement each other if used together but are modular to allow users to choose to use different weather engines or if they wish to - a kind of mix and match feature set?

Cheers K

REX 4 Texture Direct will not be obsolete.  Environment Force is an API that will work within Weather Force and as a separate product, but may only be one product in the end.  We are still finishing the API.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, rstough said:

REX 4 Texture Direct will not be obsolete.  Environment Force is an API that will work within Weather Force and as a separate product, but may only be one product in the end.  We are still finishing the API.

Thanks for answering my q's Reed, I'll look out for more announcements and info in the coming months - but please feel free to tease us with more screenshots/videos and/or information :)

Cheers K

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, THOMASDW said:

really looking forward to its release

posted it in our front page

http://www.lockonfiles.com/

First - Great avatar - nothing better than Clint Eastwood. 

Secondly, thank you for your putting up the video on your site. 

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Thanks for answering my q's Reed, I'll look out for more announcements and info in the coming months - but please feel free to tease us with more screenshots/videos and/or information :)

Cheers K

Thank you for your questions and excitement over the product.  We look forward to getting it out to everyone.

Hi :)

what about Tornado? with its typical wind effect? hail? Ligntnings? Special weather radar to chase are a real storm chaser (velocity, rotation, mesoscale etc) 

And Weather engine :) I use Active Sky Nextn does it is compatible to show your new clouds (supercell, rain shaft, shelf could, tornados, funnels, mesoscale etc)? or its accompanied with your own weather engine (if so, can it be used with ASN (and future AS2016) as its can depic winds effect such as microburst etc)

I downloaded your PDF about SkyForce, I just can't wait :)

also, can we see an storm exploding in real time? (from cumulus to cumulonimbus or supercell thet could give a tornado? (smooth cloud changes), if so, I will do storm chasing with a car on FSX (or P3D when I'll got it)

Btw, why don't you make a storm chasing car? :D with radar displays such as Mesoscale, rain, tornado, velocity etc? :) (as gauges, so usin can chase without leavin de sim to see where to go? :) I would be greatly interrested

I wans also thinking about the mammatus cloud :)

and will the tornado will vary in size (EF0 - EF5)

Sorry I have so much question but I alway want real sky in FSX (and Tornado), can't wait to start the chase

Also, if requested, I can be a tester, Im a developer too, I know the rules on Beta test :P

Have a nice day, and upload new video ASAP :)

Greetings,

ASim

28 minutes ago, The777Pilot said:

Hi :)

what about Tornado? with its typical wind effect? hail? Ligntnings? Special weather radar to chase are a real storm chaser (velocity, rotation, mesoscale etc) 

And Weather engine :) I use Active Sky Nextn does it is compatible to show your new clouds (supercell, rain shaft, shelf could, tornados, funnels, mesoscale etc)? or its accompanied with your own weather engine (if so, can it be used with ASN (and future AS2016) as its can depic winds effect such as microburst etc)

I downloaded your PDF about SkyForce, I just can't wait :)

also, can we see an storm exploding in real time? (from cumulus to cumulonimbus or supercell thet could give a tornado? (smooth cloud changes), if so, I will do storm chasing with a car on FSX (or P3D when I'll got it)

Btw, why don't you make a storm chasing car? :D with radar displays such as Mesoscale, rain, tornado, velocity etc? :) (as gauges, so usin can chase without leavin de sim to see where to go? :) I would be greatly interrested

I wans also thinking about the mammatus cloud :)

and will the tornado will vary in size (EF0 - EF5)

Sorry I have so much question but I alway want real sky in FSX (and Tornado), can't wait to start the chase

Also, if requested, I can be a tester, Im a developer too, I know the rules on Beta test :P

Have a nice day, and upload new video ASAP :)

Greetings,

ASim

http://www.stormquestgame.com 

http://www.stormquestgame.com/forum

I think that is what you are looking for.

I was lookink on FSX/P3D as I saw a wonderful tornado pictures on the PDF :), I will chase with car or airplane (still thinking between TwOtter, Let410, Aero Commander 500) can hear the siren while on airport with the 777, taking pictures with the cupercell on background :), approaching airport but cant see the runway due to a rainshaft :)

and what about ASN and AS2016 compatibilities? :)

Also, I never heard abour StormQuest :o its looks to be something amazing too :)

ASim

Edited by The777Pilot

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, The777Pilot said:

I was lookink on FSX/P3D as I saw a wonderful tornado pictures on the PDF :), I will chase with car or airplane (still thinking between TwOtter, Let410, Aero Commander 500) can hear the siren while on airport with the 777, taking pictures with the cupercell on background :), approaching airport but cant see the runway due to a rainshaft :)

and what about ASN and AS2016 compatibilities? :)

Also, I never heard abour StormQuest :o its looks to be something amazing too :)

ASim

Storm Quest is a totally different beast more on that over at:  http://www.stormquestgame.com/forum

Sky Force will be able to be used with all weather engines on the market currently and future editions.

6 hours ago, rstough said:

Storm Quest is a totally different beast more on that over at:  http://www.stormquestgame.com/forum

Sky Force will be able to be used with all weather engines on the market currently and future editions.

Storm Quest is and independant game?

but as you remodel clouds and tornado for FSX/P3D, I will be a virtual stormchaser :) (with planes and cars :) ) as StormQuest looks to me limited it the world, FSX/P3D is a worldwide engine:) (able to chase in USA, Canada, France, Australia, wherever I want :) )