baptista

REX 3d Force

111 posts in this topic

I look forward to news on the new project announced,
REX SKY FORCE 3D. The greatness of a lonely flight is the interaction by the presence of many clouds and clouds. The more realistic the better. REX has always been a pioneer in this. We await the project.

2 people like this

Uau! We will see effects such as tornadoes, hurricanes or auroras?

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Diigg said:

Uau! We will see effects such as tornadoes, hurricanes or auroras?

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

Oh yes...oh yes... ;) 

3 people like this

Hi All,

Just a bit of information which is very important to understand about Sky Force design. We have over 2500 new 3d cloud model structures to cover all clouds types OUTSIDE the texture contents, and in many variation to avoid repeated 3d model, any low amount of models used will cause unrealistic and bad cloud repeats. This is something to understand we avoided most as possible and unique to Sky Force! more information soon!

1 person likes this

On June 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM, B777ER said:

Cumulonimbus Takemymoneybus!

We have created overs 400 new cumulonimbus from all shapes\design of true CB from the bottom to upper parts.

There are some estimated date for release?

Congrats for this excellent work. Anxious to get it!.

Cheers,

Ed

Looks good. Will this include the features previously announced for Environment Forcce/Weather Force?

I watched the interview on airdailyx yesterday. Really nice to see the devs behind their names here in the forums. You're all smart guys, and of course a great review of skyforce and airport hd!

For me, there is one question left concerning skyforce, which I think hasn't been answered or covered (or I missed it ;-)):

How about the grid and the weather data for the injection?

As i know from 3rd party software, they use extended data sources to get the most realistic and actual weather without creating "beautiful hollywood postcard" clouds.

That is really an awesome fearure because when I look through my window at home and compare it to what I see in the sim, there is not much difference, never seen that in on any other software.

So, the question is, what will skyforce bring us to show the correct weather? Will it work only by the metar source and interpolate the data between stations or do we get more accurate data? Thanks very much in advance for any information on that.

I couldn't locate ANY info on your website not even in the 'under development' section?

I still only have the vaguest of ideas what this new product will and won't do.

Can you publish the presentation that was on in the background of the ADX interview please, I presume that's not secret info now?

Cheers K

Hi,

We are updating our website with info, however in the meantime, please review the following attachment for more of an understanding of things.

REX_Sky_Force_3D.pdf

1 person likes this

Hey Tim, is there any issue with the link? I am actually unable to download the pdf.

1 person likes this

Yeah I'm getting an error code saying its not available for my account.

Hi,

We are updating our website with info, however in the meantime, please review the following attachment for more of an understanding of things.

REX_Sky_Force_3D.pdf

Thanks Tim, link not available

I apologize for the link not working. Works here, so I don't know what's going on.

I have uploaded to an actual web address. Download HERE.

3 people like this

Works now, appreciate that thanks very much Tim.

5 minutes ago, mooze said:

Works now, appreciate that thanks very much Tim.

You're very welcome Arslan.

Thanks Tim.  Those shots of the dark storms while on the ground are particularly stunning!  I just have one question.  It says it is fully compatible with other weather engines.  If for example, I'm using one of these other weather engines, will that still take advantage of all your different cloud models?  Would I still be able to see rain shafts, tornados, wall clouds, etc.?  I guess, I'm just kind of confused as to how they will integrate.

Regards,

Rob

1 hour ago, ual763 said:

Thanks Tim.  Those shots of the dark storms while on the ground are particularly stunning!  I just have one question.  It says it is fully compatible with other weather engines.  If for example, I'm using one of these other weather engines, will that still take advantage of all your different cloud models?  Would I still be able to see rain shafts, tornados, wall clouds, etc.?  I guess, I'm just kind of confused as to how they will integrate.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Compatible with all weather engine including default, freeware, payware etc. the information are all there if you read carefully everything, remember default FS are using about 300 clouds model, Sky force using nears 3000 for FSX\P3D combined, this allow us for variation during the sim, new clouds type and no repeat model when flying, using 200 only model for the entire clouds types and coverage would create many issue, same clouds over and over again, example: cumulonimbus calvus would be identical, same shape, angle, looking, unrealistic,  wait until you see the web site and screenshots you will see much more ;-)

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, timest999 said:

I apologize for the link not working. Works here, so I don't know what's going on.

I have uploaded to an actual web address. Download HERE.

Thanks for that, I'm better informed now...

Am I right in concluding that dynamic and seamless weather changes in sim are still down to whether or not our weather engine in use is capable of that then? Cheers K

WOW cannot wait for this. Looks better than the AS offering IMO.

My understanding is that REX Sky Force 3D changes the way of injecting the weather into the sim in a more accurate way, this is not a weather engine on its own, this is why it is compatible with all 3rd party weather engines or even FS weather.

Edited by mooze

My biggest question is; when? Are we talking days, weeks or months? It looks completely amazing and I'll be there day one.