rstough

PUBLIC BETA
REX 3 ESSENTIAL PLUS OVERDRIVE - SERVICE PACK 4 - PUBLIC BETA 2

52 posts in this topic

Please read the following document before installing any public beta software:

IMPORTANT NOTE:
To INSTALL Service Pack 4 Beta 2 you must have build 3.9.2016.0115 (Public Beta 1) installed

WARNING THE BUILD NUMBER WILL NOT CHANGE WITH THIS BETA.

FIX ITEMS SINCE SERVICE PACK 4 BETA 2:
FIXED - Altimeter reading
FIXED - Minimum altitude setting
TWEAKED - WX PLUS Mode weather injection process and smoothing
REWORKED - Standard Mode weather injection process and smoothing
Other general fixes/tweaks to weather engine

DOWNLOAD THE SERVICE PACK HERE

super cool...look forward to trying it!

What about the pressure issue and the outside temperature preventing planes to fly faster than 350/360 knots without going overspeed that some of us reported on the first public beta?

Thx!

Hi...unfortunately I can`t open the file. If I double click on the "rexinstaller.exe" icon it doesn`t happen anything.

I tried re-opening the beta 1 package just to see if it was an antivirus or firewall problem and my PC (WIN 10) opens it correctly but the problem is still there with the beta 2 package.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

At this moment, with the Beta 2, is unable to download the METAR data (random generator is working fine), firewall permissions are ok.

I wait until late to see if server side something happens...

Best regards.

(Win 7pro)

Edit: rebooted and everything works fine, METAR's coincide with my nearest station (LIPS).

Cheers.

Edited by Enrico Bj

Great to hear Enrico!

Downloaded the new Beta 2 yesterday evening, however, can't get the damn thing to install!

Have Beta 1 installed, didn't have any problem with that. When I install the Beta 2, it goes thru the complete routine with no problems, and it tell me it has completed the install, and in the programs list shows that Beta 2 is installed

But when I start REX ESS+OD, its show that I still have beta 1 installed. Have shut down my antivirus, uninstall the beta 2, restarted computer, then tried again, but still no luck. Files in the REX directory still show the Beta 1 files???

Any clue as to what going wrong?

Hi, 

Please navigate to your main REX directory and locate the file labelled as "rexwxengine.dll". What is the modified date on that?

Also, on the ABOUT screen in REX, what is the VERSION BUILD number?

Hello,

The rexwxengine.dll version is : 3.5.2016.0428, mod date is 4/28/2016

Version Build is : 3.9.2016.0115

Edited by egharland
update file info

FWIW I am seeing the same thing. Same version info as above.

Clearly, the installer `thinks` it's been installed as running it again brings up the modify/repair/uninstall option. I also tried rolling back to beta 1 (remove beta 2, remove beta 1, reinstall beta 1, install beta 2). And even with reboots between each step, same result. 

I take it we should be seeing 20160428 as the version number..?

Win7 64, P3Dv3.2.3

I've done the same process as Snave above. Is the installer suppose to update REX.exe? Because it still show that REX.exe as 3.9.2016.0115 on my system.

Windows 10 64

One thing I did notice when i first downloaded the update was that my Antivirus stated that it was infected with a Trojan virus, so I deleted that download, ran a complete check with Norton

and downloaded a second time. Again, Norton and Windows Defender said it had the same Trojan virus. Deleted download and then did a third download about an hour later, Zip file was clean that time.

Didn't know if I was getting a false positive on a file or what,. but did a complete system check with both Antivirus programs and Malwarebytes, all clean.

**The file that I was getting the hit on for the virus was the installer, not the MSI file.**

Edited by egharland
update info

This is a false positive and not sure why that is happening.

The build number will NOT change with beta 2. It is only a weather engine change.

Ok, thanks, that clears it up. All good now. :-)

BTW, you might want to warn people in the announcement for Beta 2 above that the Build Version will NOT change.

2 hours ago, egharland said:

Ok, thanks, that clears it up. All good now. :-)

BTW, you might want to warn people in the announcement for Beta 2 above that the Build Version will NOT change.

Thank you I will do that.

after a weekend of testing i can conclude that the pressure/OAT issue hasn't been solvedCattura.PNG

I have the same problem as aragorn 80.

I'm using also the beta 2 and have done more than 10 flights.

After starting the p3d v3.2 with REX the weather is loading correctly.  The problem is that there won't be any changes till the end of the flight. It doesn't matter if the antivirussoftware/firewall is running or not. 

Al other things are working fine.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:38 AM, aragorn80 said:

after a weekend of testing i can conclude that the pressure/OAT issue hasn't been solvedCattura.PNG

That is really weird - all our tests have shown this working.  Are you using WXPLUS mode or Standard Mode?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, charly0865 said:

I have the same problem as aragorn 80.

I'm using also the beta 2 and have done more than 10 flights.

After starting the p3d v3.2 with REX the weather is loading correctly.  The problem is that there won't be any changes till the end of the flight. It doesn't matter if the antivirussoftware/firewall is running or not. 

Al other things are working fine.

Can you post your Configuration Manager->Weather Engine settings window?

19 hours ago, rstough said:

That is really weird - all our tests have shown this working.  Are you using WXPLUS mode or Standard Mode?

WXPLUS mode

Cattura.PNG

Thank you for your fast answer. I'm verry busy these days, so it was not possible for me to read the answers earlier.

I'm using REX in the WX PLUS MODE.

But I'm shure that this is not the problem.

I just red the topic "Weather not updating after start" from ernestmitchell which he opend at 29. April.

That's exactly 100% the same problem I have.

ernestmitchell is running the weatherengine in the STANDARD MODE. So I think the mode in which the weatherengine is running cannot be the problem.

Only MS-Office, GDATA-Antivirus and p3d is installed on my computer, so that I don't have a program for making screenshots from my configuration manager.

Here are some points:

p3d and REX on a sepperate HDD

weather delay timer: 1 minute

weather surface Region: 12 x12

weather refresh rate: 10 minutes

no Minimum weather injection altitude

Good luck by solving the Problems and sorry for my bad english

5 hours ago, aragorn80 said:

WXPLUS mode

Cattura.PNG

Please uncheck the following:

Enable minimum weather injection altitude

Enable Weather GRID interpolation

Let me know if that helps with the conditions you are having.

7 minutes ago, charly0865 said:

Thank you for your fast answer. I'm verry busy these days, so it was not possible for me to read the answers earlier.

I'm using REX in the WX PLUS MODE.

But I'm shure that this is not the problem.

I just red the topic "Weather not updating after start" from ernestmitchell which he opend at 29. April.

That's exactly 100% the same problem I have.

ernestmitchell is running the weatherengine in the STANDARD MODE. So I think the mode in which the weatherengine is running cannot be the problem.

Only MS-Office, GDATA-Antivirus and p3d is installed on my computer, so that I don't have a program for making screenshots from my configuration manager.

Here are some points:

p3d and REX on a sepperate HDD

weather delay timer: 1 minute

weather surface Region: 12 x12

weather refresh rate: 10 minutes

no Minimum weather injection altitude

Good luck by solving the Problems and sorry for my bad english

Please see my notes above:

Uncheck the Enable Weather GRID Interpolation if you have it enabled and uncheck the Minimum Weather Injection Altitude.

ok, i'll check it in the weekend. But, what do these option change?

thx

The Weather GRID Interpolation is enabled. So I will disable it.

The Minimum Weather Injection Altitude is already not activated, so it cannot be the problem.

I will check it this weekend and let you know if it helps.

21 hours ago, aragorn80 said:

ok, i'll check it in the weekend. But, what do these option change?

thx

The GRID interpolation may be causing some issues with mis-reads in weather.  We maybe dropping or modifying this feature when we release the final Service Pack 4.