kaZangy

CLOSED Questions about REX Essential and Overdrive

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I bought REX 2.0 almost one year ago, and it is a huge hit for me. It has delivered everything just the way I have wanted it to be! Thank you so much!

I've noticed customers of REX 2.0 get Overdrive as a free gift, and now REX Essential also. Now this is such a good thing, but I've got a question.

First of all, if I'm going to download both Overdrive and Essential, will using all these REX programs decrease performance in FSX? Currently I can get smooth frames at the settings I have, and I enjoy that at the moment. I would love to use these other REX things, but I don't want to kill my FSX by doing so.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :)

kaZangy

Hi if you running REX 2 now without any problems than your able to run rexe as well with no hits on your fsx. The only thing that kills fsx at this stage are viruses and or by at own hands lol

Hi kaZangy,

Overdrive for Essentials is not out yet. So please don't install Overdrive onto Essentials.

Hi kaZangy,

Overdrive for Essentials is not out yet. So please don't install Overdrive onto Essentials.

So Clem, you mean that the Overdrive out currently is for REX 2.0 - my version, right? And Essentials is basically an upgrade of REX 2.0 - so basically it's like REX 3.0?

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it!

Yes, OverDrive is out now for YOUR version. If you installed OverDrive you will have to await REX Essential OverDrive release.

SINCE you are an FSS customer, you can always UNINSTALL your REX now, then visit the flightsimstore.com, under your account history you will notice REX Essential is already there for you to download. ;) Then you will just have to await REX Essential OverDrive. Hope this makes sense!

Thank you so much you guys for your help! I understand now.

I appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Hello Everyone,

I decided, I will not wait for ESS+OD, so I want to unisntall Overdrive and install ESS over REX2.

Currently, I have REX2 + OD and my version is 2.5.2010.0820.

What should I do, to uninstall only OD, and install ESSENTIAL?

Lucas

Remove REX2+0D including all files and folders on your computer.Run CCleaner to clean your registry of any left over REX files.

Download REXE and right click on the setup exe and run as administrator. Then right click on the REXE icon on your desktop and click on run as administrator.

Once started click on help and read the manual.

Bob G.

Basically uninstall EVERYTHING, then go to your account at the flightsimstore.com and in your ACCOUNT HISTORY you will notice REX Essential. Download and install. Done!