Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbyek

Good Fsx Moving Map

13 posts in this topic

What is a good fsx moving map that shows more detail like the REX weather engine (not nessescary the weather but like the city and roads and etc.)?

** Freeware would be great but alsso mention Payware...**

Yes Plan-G as it is based on Google Maps, is a good VFR planner and is freeware and will be supporting navigraph with v3. Can be a bit slow to load. Otherwise there is Aivlasoft's EFB which is payware (expensive but very good) and is and excellent IFR planner has charts for all phases of flight uses the Navigraph database and can save into the PMDG .rte and other formats. Moving map has less contextual detail than Plan-G but probably better for IFR heavy iron flying. Most payware planners have moving maps but some such as FSC are looking a bit dated.

Bruce

A great little trick i use when i fly real VFR is my i-phone and Google maps same works for flight sim especially utilizing wi-fi and it's more or less free, all the road maps are there 8)

Apollo airmap UK&Ireland is good a stand alone Programe a little expensive but it covers All of the uk/I you can also buy air charts for diferent parts of the world Plan G is good but needs an Internet conn

I have a problem when I run plan G for fsx it says "Unable to connect to fs"

* I did close fsx*