bhasting1984

CLOSED How to Uninstall REX+Overdrive for Essentials?

35 posts in this topic

Can someone explain how to prep system for Essentials? I don't have time to skype instructions? Can someone give me the rundown on the procedures. Thanks. Time to get excited!!!!!! Its its been a loooong six months.

Honestly, It would matter... You'll be given a new installer so a fresh REX essential install is possible. Just uninstall Completely!!

Where do you have this information from? I thought people that owned REX would get an update, but not a stand alone installer. At least that is what I have heard.

Got that from the developers mouth himself..... however It could change

REX Essential OVERDRIVE version will be released AFTER the initial update.

ONLY FSS CUSTOMERS will be afforded the full version in their accounts on release day.

For those that are installing REX Essential on top of REX, this is the link to follow for prep:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17407-rex-essential-pre-install-documents-and-upgrade-installation-documents/

So.... Restore backup files then uninstall. I don't want my sim jacked up from a corrupt uninstall.

Not sure, because I don't know which version you own.

Ok, this is way too confusing! So because I bought from fspilotshop I am not going to be able to download tomorrow?

1. If you own REX2 and purchased from the flightsimstore.com, your account at FSS will be updated with REX Essential on release day, so NO NEED to download the update... simply install the FULL VERSION of REX Essential from there.

2. If you own REX2 purchased from anywhere OTHER THAN FSS, you will need to download the update on release day from our forum.

3. OverDrive for Essentials will NOT BE RELEASED on release day, therefore ALL REX+OverDrive users will have to wait until we complete that.

I hope this clears up what's been stated numerous times throughout the forum here.

I'm happy you came to clear this up. I know I was told something like that on Skype. Looking Forward to the release. I'm going to have a eventful Sunday evening (I'm on USA MDT) ;D

Ok. That makes better sense. So, with that being said what is the safe uninstall method of removing OD so I can use essentials?

What version do you own from FS Pilot Shop? REX2 or REX OverDrive?

You have two options: remove OD and REX2.0 completely following the pdf by Guitarman. Reinstall only REX and install the upcoming Essential upgrade for REX2.0

Or do nothing right now and wait for the Essential upgrade for REX2.0 with OD!

Thanks Kees!

No, you cannot. OverDrive turned REX into REX OverDrive. It's not a small little patch, but a whole new system.

Thanks Tim. I thought it was an expansion only.

No problem. You understand things now I take it? Please advise.

I have REX Overdrive installed. I plan on uninstalling it so I can install Essentials. After I do that will there be a need to reinstall Overdrive once that update is complete?

Can I keep the my latest REX OD and when the REX Essentials package comes out just install that so that way I still have my overdrive textures? And just be sure to not use the REX OD engine.

Thanks,

remove OD and REX2.0 completely following the pdf by Guitarman.

Hi guys,

I searched the forums for this pdf and I'm sure it's staring me right in the face but I'm unable to locate it. Any chance of a link to it? Thanks in advance.

Also well done on all your continous hard work.

Cheers

Steve

And how long would us REX overdrive users would have to wait for the REX essential overdrive update? I would of thought that you would of brought everything out together so we all can experience it at the same time. Looks as though we going to be still waiting for a long time for the update.

Thanks,