Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timest999

Prepar3D & REX Essential Weather Engine Testing

36 posts in this topic

For forum member Tim Hobin :)

These shots consist of the REX Essential weather engine running real-weather testing inside the newest version of Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D. An assortment of REX textures loaded.. of course ;)

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeehah! Can't wait! This means I can finally purchase P3D haha :D

Beautiful Tim and REX Team :) thank you and nice B58 paint.

Great shots!! Is the 50 bucks offering a complete version of P3D??

STUNNERS Tim!

Real amazing - super mood and atmosphere here!

And ... one question:

The cloud-set You have used here in pic.1-5: Are these "essential" ones or are they to be found in the great realms of REX, 2.0-OD already? If so: What set is this?

Cheers,

Christoph

And:

Great shots!! Is the 50 bucks offering a complete version of P3D??

Hello Kees!

As far as I understood it - ... yes: You get it all for 50 ( 49.95$ to be all exact ;) ) - it's for the "Academic-Version" of P3D - as far as I found out in various forums, this version offers all it takes to fully experience P3D and enjoy flying there...

but if You want to check it all out in more detail, You may find some proper and useful info here:

http://www.prepar3d....prepar3d-store/

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.: There might be others around here that have more experience with the "Academic Version" of P3D, ... I am currently on the 10 $/month developer-version ... otherwise I would offer more info. But I hope nonetheless that the link above here helps out a little!

Edited by elephantshapedcloud

Looking good, but don't know when I will try P3D 'cause my FSX is AWEsome lately!

Checked out the site, but this line worries me: The academic version of Prepar3D has an unobtrusive watermark in the top right corner of the simulation

How unobtrusive is unobtrusive?

sorry if this is a daft question but what is this prepar3d and lockheed stuff is it a new fs?

Tim,

any chance to get the REX repaint for the Beechcraft ?

Thanks, Carsten

edit: ok, forget it. found ebo's post. :-)

Edited by Artus_407

Showing pictures when talking about the engine? I dont get it... How are u going to circumvent the shortcomings of fsx with the new weather engine? And regarding P3D - isn't it becoming to be a non consumer product for professional users only?

Damn ... just looked in my notifications box ...................still nothing ................. waiting VERY patiently

btw love the Essentials Livery very nice indeed

Edited by VH-RJF

Just wondering, Would the current REX2 + Overdrive be loaded into P3D 1.3?

If so, has any one had an experience with it? and how?

Many thanks,

Just wondering, Would the current REX2 + Overdrive be loaded into P3D 1.3?

If so, has any one had an experience with it? and how?

Many thanks,

Hi and welcome to the REX forum.

Please add your REX order number into your signature as per the forum rules. Thank you.

No, current REX version does NOT support P3D.

Tim, what with your screenshots of the B58 in this post and DonaldX's posted screenshots of the Tiger Moth in REX Essentials livery, I am prompted to ask if it would be possible to get a library of sorts containing repaints of various repaints ( skins ) of REX aircraft with various registrations to cover the many countries in which we fly. I suspect that, like many, I do not have Paintshop Pro or similar, let alone the talent to use it. The " skin " Tim did some time ago for the Orbx Lancair was a cracker. How about it Tim? Anyone else?

Hi Guitarman, I'm confused by your comment "No, Current REX version does NOT support P3D" . Does this mean that it supposedly doesn't work or we are not meant to try it? If so then I have made a big OOPS as the themes looking amazing in P3D especially the water (alot better than FSX).