WarpSpider74

Hokitika afternoon

12 posts in this topic

G'day all,

Here's a set from a lovely late afternoon flight I did a couple of days ago in NZSI. It was a simple flight in the Tecnam Sierra from Hokitika down along the mountain range to Franz Josef Glacier, in REX real weather and utilising Shade and my modified version of Tim's ENBPlus Sunlight. Oh, and I've chucked in one of my panoramas too...

Posted Image

Take off from Hokitika airport, late afternoon

Posted Image

Climb out, heading for 2,500' in lovely fair weather conditions. A beautiful afternoon for a quick jaunt.

Posted Image

Mmmmm. Shade really does help show off these wonderfully weathered NZ mountains

Posted Image

Nice slow cruise, 2,500' and tonking along at about 90kts

Posted Image

I love all these beautiful braided streams running down from the glaciers

Posted Image

This was the pic I entered in ORBX's NZSI Screenshot contest, everything just gelled for me right here... the lighting and haze conspired to show off the mountain range just right. Easily one of my favourite pics I've done in NZ Posted Image If you haven't had a gander at the entries yet you should head over there, there's some amazing shots being posted.

Posted Image

Panoramic monstrosity. You'll want to click that for maximum embiggenation. I haven't posted many of these lately, but it's a seven image stitch covering around 190-200 degrees horizontal FOV, blended and processed for a low dynamic range. Taken at the same location as the previous shot, I rushed the setup a little and could have levelled the aircraft (and hence the camera) a bit better. The tilt looks ok, but cropping it out to level would have meant cropping off the tops of the mountains on the left.

Posted Image

Lowering sky near Franz Josef Glacier as the sun nears the horizon.

Posted Image

Approaching the airfield as the last rays of sun bathe the Sierra with a lovely golden glow.

I hope you all like, please feel free to comment or criticise as you will Posted Image

Cheers,

Derek

Very crisp and stunning shots!

That is surely a great senery and like the aircraft too!

Wow!! Flabbergasted!! what a great shots Derek! Makes me wanna go back there!! :'(

BTW Derek, would you like to share your enb files with the community pls?

Hello,

Impressive screenshots!. I like especially the panoramic image. I too have ever triedsome and the truth is that catches are amazing.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15411-p46t-riding-in-the-clouds/page__fromsearch__1

I wanted to comment on two questions.

The first is the use of shade + ENB. I also tested this combination. I like how it looks onthe light areas, but I still shadows too dark, almost black. What shade preset you are using so you do not happen?

The second is about what you are sharp screenshots. Do you use any tricks?. Do you see it's that sharp in the sim?

A greeting.