timest999

ANNOUNCEMENT
REX Essential - Feature #7 - Part 4

17 posts in this topic

REX ESSENTIAL - FEATURE # 7 - PART 4

CONFIGURATION - WINDS

Sorry, it's been longer than I wanted since we last updated you on the features of REX Essential. As stated in our previous posts, we have broken the Configuration Manager into 5 parts:

General Settings

Weather Engine Settings

Visibility

Winds

Clouds

In this post we will focus on winds. This area is extremely critical when it comes to experiencing a rich and smooth flight.

MAXIMUM WIND TURBULENCE

This allows the user to set the maximum severity of the winds at the surface and aloft. This level goes from 1 to 5. One referencing the lowest and five representing the most extreme conditions.

MAXIMUM WIND SHEAR

This allows the user to set the maximum effect of wind shear at the surface and aloft. This level goes from 1 to 4. One referencing the lowest and four representing the most extreme conditions.

ENABLE REAL WEATHER WINDS

This allows the user to turn on or off the real weather wind provided by NOAA/VATSIM/RADIOSONDE reports. If this option is turned off the user can use the GLOBAL WIND LAYER function to set their own wind levels.

ENABLE REAL WEATHER WIND SMOOTHING

This allows the user to enable a special function with the REX Weather Engine to smooth wind transitions. Please note, our attempt to do this within Flight Simulator has yielded great results in testing so far, but there are some limitations that cannot be fully overcome by the limits of Simconnect. In development we find that writing to and from Simconnect while a transition is taking place, can cause glitches within the sim environment, thus we are still smoothing out some of the processes.

ENABLE WIND TURBULENCE

This turns on and off the effects of wind turbulence injection into Flight Simulator via the REX Weather Engine.

ENABLE WIND SHEAR

This turns on and off the effects of wind shear injection into Flight Simulator via the REX Weather Engine.

SET GLOBAL WIND LAYERS

This is a really great new feature allowing the user to customize the wind layers, wind speeds and wind direction globally. This will overwrite default weather if the “Enabled Real Weather Winds” is unchecked.

Next Feature: Cloud Configuration

We will describe some of the new features within the cloud window associated with our new weather engine.

Thanks for the info and the update Tim. Wind has always been a problem here, so I hope this helps :P

Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to this, as I hate having to not use REX when flying my large aircraft. The wind issue is probably the most needed fix, so take all the time you guys need.

Thanks again for the awesome product, and continued support!

Yes very great information, thanks for updating us.

Also very much looking forward to Cloud Configuration feature!

These people are serious about this... I've experienced shortage in memory while flying and REX updates the weather conditions, is this something you guys are working on? Or you guys don't have control over that? or this a off topic issue that needs to be posted somewhere else? Thank you.

Really looking forward to the update and thanks for the effort the team are putting in.

As a newbie to REX and finding out more every flight how real this is I wondered if FSUIPC4 has some bearing on its performance as weather settings in FSUIPC4 can be adjusted.

If this is the wrong thread my apologies in advance.

Richard.

Second thoughts, completely the wrong thread!

OOPS!

Sorry for asking, but I'm new here. Does REX Essentianls has been released? And if not, how do I know when and where to download the file?

Thanks

great informations!! smoothing winds in REX is a great step forward! Thanks very much!

"In development we find that writing to and from Simconnect while a transition is taking place, can cause glitches within the sim environment, thus we are still smoothing out some of the processes."

Plan G also uses Simconnect. Will there be any conflicts, or can two or more programs operate independently via Simconnect. Thanks...eager for the release....

Sherm

"In development we find that writing to and from Simconnect while a transition is taking place, can cause glitches within the sim environment, thus we are still smoothing out some of the processes."

Plan G also uses Simconnect. Will there be any conflicts, or can two or more programs operate independently via Simconnect. Thanks...eager for the release....

Sherm

Yes, no problem, I'm using plan G now and then during testing Essential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. No problems either.

ENABLE REAL WEATHER WIND SMOOTHING,this set will need through by FSUPIC?

If need FSUPIC,need to cancel smooth wind set in fsupic?

And those wind set will get conflict? Like "enable wind smoothing" with "wind turbulence or shear"?

Edited by fjsharry

WOW! - Another fantastic update! Certainly gonna be up there in the sky most happily with such great perspectives!

Great infos!