Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richbro

FSX rebirth

20 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Newbie to REX here and totally won over after pondering buying it for far, far too long.

But another program which is a must is A2A's Accu-Feel which I downloaded a couple of days ago.

FSX has now reborn with the combination of these two fantastic products and my sincere thanks to all you clever developers.

Richard.

:-[ I didn't know this addons! Interisting! I'm cheking now the possibilities ^-^

I agree with you on that one Richard...Whilst enviroments etc are getting a full makeover the default and addon aircraft seem to have been left in the shadows. By using Accu-Feel i can now replicate the sounds i hear when flying say the Cessna... Brings a whole new dimension to flight sim.

I would be interested to know If anybody had the chance to test this with RealAir's Duke (turbine and piston versions).

regards

I have some issues with Accu-Feel because when I activate it, my iFly 737 AP is going crazy. He didn't hold Altitude because of that. A forums member advised me to deactivate it and et voilá AP is working fine :)

I like Accu-feel. Helps bring some life to some of my old Carenado planes. The little bumps while taxiing really makes it worthwhile.

Glad to have offered the Accu-Feel idea.

Figadas, I have both Dukes but I will be honest with you I've been so besotted with REX of late I haven't tried them. My latest A/C is the Carenado Cessna Skymaster C337 which is a lovely plane to fly in VFR or IFR so I haven't pulled the Dukes out of the hanger yet. Wind noise and other effects are definitely brilliant with A2A's software and if you make a heavy landing it sounds like you've blown a tyre!

Re iFly's 737 there are quite a few issue judging from the forum.

Both Dukes benefit from Accu-Feel, especially when you hear the suspension under stress whilst trying to slow this aircraft down on the taxiway! Fly this too fast and there is a groan from the environment just before the program stops and reports the aircraft is under stress! Fantastic.

Richard.

Didn't know about Accu-Feel until i read this post. Looked too good not to buy. I love it :D

Thanks for posting Rich, I was just looking for Accu-Feel yesterday and could not remember the exact name.

Just downloaded it from A2A and am going to install now. ;D

I like Accu-feel. Helps bring some life to some of my old Carenado planes. The little bumps while taxiing really makes it worthwhile.

Absolutely..Accu-Feel really adds a lot. I have not found any fsx aircraft compatibility issues so far with it. It makes my open cockpit birds

lots of fun while taxiing.

Beginning to wish I got a £1 for every time someone says they like Accu-Feel!

Still, that's the FS community which is the best hobby in the World.

Good luck guys.

Richard.

Is this still good for the larger aircraft, don't fly the little ones as much

Cheersss

Alex,

You're likely to hear something in the environment like flaps and undercarriage engaged and the landing screech, but the best thing is to talk to the A2A Simulation guys on their forum about large A/C.

I've not tried the default big jets yet so I can't comment but, there are video's on their site to judge for yourself.

Richard.

I bought it yesterday after seeing this thread, I didn't know about it before. I've only tried it with a few Carenado planes so I can't comment on the larger aircraft, but the setup lets you customize all the effects. Open the door with your engine on and you hear the loud wind being blown past. You feel the bumps on the asphalt and even more in grass. Extending landing gear and flaps changes the sound of the wind. You can hear each tire touchdown, and the brakes. You can make older planes feel that way by reducing the cabin integrity.

It really makes the environment seem more real. And add the sound fx that will be in Essentials and it will be really nice.

Never heard of that euhm... Looks pretty good from the video on Youtube, thanks for the info, I'll probably buy it:)

Even better than Accufeel, I would recommend 3D Real Cockpit... this is fabulous. You have to reduce the settings to 50% otherwise it shaked a bit too much but this is so immersive and changes the whole FSX experience....

Hi Cassis,

I had a look at 3D Real Cockpit and I'd agree that the demo looks interesting. I'm trying not to be biased but Accu Feel has a little more flexibilty in the settings for each individual aircraft but I could be wrong. Difficult choice between the two products as they are similarly priced. but for now I'll stick with that which is installed.

The weather in the UK today has been very disturbed winds with thunder and squalls. Took a flight and encountered the exact same conditions including icing. Wind variants sounded real on Accu-Feel so I'm sticking with it.

Regards,

Richard.