manolitoto

delete e-mail adress from post in forum

6 posts in this topic

Hi REX-Team,

I deleted my email adress in a post which I made a long time ago, because I found out, that google tells everybody this information. Now, after editing the post, google STILL shows it!

Can you help me?

Here's the link to my edited post in the forum:

and to google: https://encrypted.google.com/webhp?hl=de#q=manuel+ritsche&hl=de&prmd=imvnso&ei=6z5fT8rDLYfrOZ_pneIH&start=10&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4d16bd45bb11a26&biw=1244&bih=964

Thanks!

Regards,

Manuel

Hi Manuel, by deleting your email address from a post here, will not automatically delete the email on Google. That is the problem with social networks (of which Google uses the same methods). Once you submit something it is there to stay and will always pop up again.

Sorry nothing we can do.

That is why certain areas of the forums are members only but as ebo said, once you put it out there, it is there to stay, nothing that can be done about it really

Once the Google bot re-crawls that page, and sees that the page has changed, it should change the info it shows in the search results. Also, I'm not sure how many people will actually be searching for keywords to make your email appear like that. For instance I searched for "fsx gibraltar experiment" and it brought up that page as the #1 result, but did not show your email address. I wouldn't worry too much, but yes, you never want to post your email in a public forum.

And if you have to do it for some reason post it as a graphic and not in text form so search engine bots can't read it. At least I hope the don't use any OCR routines yet. ;)

LOL, good point Patrick... wouldn't surprise me though.. technology!