We can't talk about Flight, or talk about not talking about flight or... O0

#22 cthiggin

cthiggin

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL USA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Me "thinks" FSX is for "we" that consider it the closest to a real simulator that we will ever get too....................MS Flight is for "gamers". Nice product, but no where close to the level our FSX Simulators' are at this time.
cthiggin

REX FSX order # FSS0015812
Prepar3D - SBSL Licenxe #10161-INPAY

REX4 - FSS252585 - 12-20-2013

Win7 HP - 64 Bit
Q9550 - OC'd 3.75 EVGA 790i FTW MB
8 Gig Patriot Viper 12800 1600 mhz DDR3 Ram, OC'd 7-7-7-24
Raid Array - Striped 128 500 Gig - Maxtor 500 Gig + VelicoRaptor 150 Gig
EVGA 570 Classified
Swiftec Liquid Cooling
1000 Watt PSU
Samsung 37" - Love it

#23 djdel002

djdel002

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I was in the beta for Flight and the short time that I loaded it up all I could think of was....... FSX,REX,FTX over and over in my mind. Couldn't wait to get back to it.

I'm sure it will be great for people just wanting to goof around, but like others have said most of us more serious simmers are looking for the most realistic experience for flying and imo FSX,REX and FTX can't be beat. And the amount of high quality payware and freeware for this sim is amazing.

Edited by djdel002, 01 March 2012 - 03:40 PM.

REX ESS FSX order # FSS0096701 - REX Essential version 3.2.2013.0415

REX 4 FSX order # FSS0293458 - REX 4 Texture Direct

FSX/AccSP2/REXESS/REXESSOD

Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Intel E8400 dual core
Nvidia GTX 650Ti Boost
4g GSkill
XFI Titanium
Corsair TX650
Windows 7 64bit Pro
Samsung 22"

customer.jpg

#24 harleymhs

harleymhs

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationNew York USA..

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Just Deleted FLIGHT .. Buh Bye now..
REX FSX order # FSS0045486
REX USB order # U203-534X

Windows 7 64Bit - i7 930. Acer Preditor GTX470 12 GB Ram -Crucial SSD ( OS ) WD Raptor 300 GB for FSX.. FSX & Acceleration , REX 2

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#25 blueshark747

blueshark747

• Verified Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

I can relate, the Avsim mod just threatened to ban me, Wasn't even being negative never said anything bad about Flight I said why are you on my ass so hard
from mr. spiritflyer himself  You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.
Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with  Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials   I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends? ???  Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

This I

I can relate, the Avsim mod just threatened to ban me, Wasn't even being negative never said anything bad about Flight I said why are you on my ass so hard
from mr. spiritflyer himself  You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.
Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with  Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials   I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends? ???  Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

I tried MS Flight and wrote an honest detailed review I was instantly jumped on my AVSIM staff and had my thread deleted.
Later received an apology from one mod saying he was sorry and acted irrational meanwhile a certain admin said my post had to go because it was a bad look for AVSIM and the MS Flight dev relationship.

So brutal truth is not allowed in that section. I would stay outta there because theres alot of fan boy activity going on.

Edited by blueshark747, 09 March 2012 - 03:19 PM.

REX FSX order # FSS0152051

Version Build: 3.3.2013.0715

Product Key: REXNONINTERNET

WXPLUS

Upgraded from previous version

UAC =Never Notify

​REX ran as Administrator

RATE AT WHICH WEATHER CHANGES OVER TIME=None

Windows 7 64Bit

8GB RAM

3GB 780GTX

i5 2500K OCed to 4.5ghz

500GB HD

Not using REX in a network

FSX Ver: 10.0.61637.0 SP2

Active Internet Connection

Norton 360

Firewall On

NO FSUIPC

C:\ REX Essential Plus

C:\Program File(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

#26 Gerardius

Gerardius

• Verified Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well said James, that takes the "edges" of your first post, which I never read as you mentioned some people did. I myself can however see the business perspective M$ is seeing with Flight. It's a game, designed in a series of games, to bind people to a gaming concept designed for specific hardware. It is not designed and will not be a "flight simulator", hence the change in name from MS Flightsimulator to MS Flight.

The Aces team is long gone from the M$ grounds. No one will argue that the shortcomings we as a community did find in the FSX setup, would have been addressed in SP3 and updates for FSX if M$ didn't decide to close shop on FSX. Fixing those, or designing a new simulator, will not generate enough to justify the efforts to do so. Besides that we have to understand that we are a peculiar group of people compared to "gamers". IMO the vast amounts of money nowadays needed for design, maintenance and marketing of gaming software does need a completely different approach of the market as when FSX was developed. And piracy came on top of that, severely shrinking the opportunities to gain profit on these investments.

I therefore understand the new setup with a free, basic starter pack and paid expansions, combined with internet driven multiplayer setup. It's the new design that's adopted by the markets. It's not to my liking, but I do understand it!

A perfect analysis in a few words.
REX FSX order # FSS0032396

Motherboard Asus P8P67 DeLuxe - CPU Intel i7 2600K @4.5 GHz. - Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - RAM 8 GB G.Skill RipJack DDR3 1600 MHz.
Graphic card Gigabyte GTX 560 OC TI, 1 GB GDDR5
Hard drive WD Velociraptor 300 GB.
Hard drive WD Velociraptor 150 GB.
Hard drive Seagate Momentus 500 GB. hybrid.
Monitor SAMSUNG Syncmaster 22" 1650*1080
Power supply Corsair TM 950 W

#27 Spartan0536

Spartan0536

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Agreed with everyone here, if MS spent HALF as much time on another game patch as they did on Flight FSX would be far better off, the only good news from Flight failing so hard is that 3rd party companies can now dedicate resources to FSX and still some to FS9 as that is where the real virtual pilots are. Oh and BTW crashing your plane into someone elses in Flight really givs you a reward....really? If so thats just sad, they should have rewards for greasing landings, extreme appraoches with successful landings, flying in formations, stuff like that. The FSX engine is still capable of A LOT more than what most companies are developing right now, so FSX still has life in it, FS9 sadly is pretty much at its end but its almost a Decade old so not too bad, BTW I would love to see REX Essentials for FS9 if possible, while my computer is more that set to eat FSX alive I will not be making the switch for probably 1 more year even though I already own the Gold Edition.

Addendum: If MS also would have focued on brining in DX10 full support (which is now outdated by the awesome DX11) at least FSX would be showing its true potential, I was hoping flight would be DX11 native with DX10 support for those who still dont have a DX11 system, and that I was going to be the fix to FSX, maybe X-Plane will take over the market, who knows.

REX FS9 Overdrive order # FSS0139626

REX FSX Essentials + Overdrive order # 871037 - (simMarket)

REX 4 FSX order  #118999 - (PC Aviator)

System Specs: http://www.modsrigs....x?BuildID=20543
Antec 1200 v3 /w 5 Thermaltake 120mm 97CFM Blue LED Fans | MSI K9N2 SLi Platinum Motherboard /w Circupipe Copper Cooling | AMD Phenom II 965 BE CPU /w Arctic Silver 5 and Zalman CNPS9900ALED CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX560Ti Superclocked GPU /w Arctic Silver 5 | G.Skill 8GB (2x2x2x2) DDR2 1066 RAM | Western Digital Velociraptor 500GB SATAIII HDD (High Speed Gaming Storage) | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB SATAII HDD (Standard Storage) | Corsair Force 2 60GB SSD (Operating System) ABS Labs TAGAN BZ 700W PSU (running single rail mode) | Windows 7 64-Bit Professional SP1

FSX Addons:
REX 4 | Ground Environment X North America | Ground Environment X Pacific & Atlantic Tropics | Ultimate Terrain X North America |FS Passengers X /w Virtual Airline: Turboprop Regional | Freeware 10m Mesh for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada by Raimondo Taburet | FSGenesis FSX v2.0 for the Continental USA | A2A Accu-Feel ALS FSX | A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux | Airport Enhancer HDX | Ultimate Airport Environment X | ORBX FTX NA Central Rocky Mountains | ORBX FTX NA Pacific Northwest | ORBX FTX NA Northern Rocky Mountains | ORBX KJAC Jackson Hole | ORBX KBZN Gallatin Field | ORBX KWYS Yellowstone | FlyTampa KTPA Tampa Rebooted v2 | Active Sky Next | PLAN-G V3.07

FSX Aircraft Hanger (Payware Only):

Carenado Beechcraft King Air C90B | Carenado Beechcraft King Air B200 | Carenado Piper PA-46T Malibu JetProp | Carenado Daher-Socata TBM850 | Carenado Beechcraft Baron B58 | Carenado Beechcraft Bonanza A36 | IRIS A-10A Warthog Driver | Just Flight 757-200 & 300 Freemium (Delta Paints)| QualityWings 757 Collection | CLS MD81/82 | Carenado Cessna 340 II | Carenado Piper Malibu 350 | Real Air Lancair Legacy | Flight 1 ATR-72-500 | Carenado Cessna C208 Grand Caravan EX | Carenado Beechcraft 1900D | Milviz Beechcraft Super King Air 350i (Coming Soon!)

#28 dburne

dburne

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Agreed with everyone here, if MS spent HALF as much time on another game patch as they did on Flight FSX would be far better off, the only good news from Flight failing so hard is that 3rd party companies can now dedicate resources to FSX and still some to FS9 as that is where the real virtual pilots are. Oh and BTW crashing your plane into someone elses in Flight really givs you a reward....really? If so thats just sad, they should have rewards for greasing landings, extreme appraoches with successful landings, flying in formations, stuff like that.

Flight and FSX, are two entirely different products that do entirely different things.
I am one that finds great enjoyment, from both - and feel lucky to be able to have both installed on my system.
Reward for crashing into someone? I have about 13 hours in Flight so far, have completed many challenges for rewards, and have not seen anything even close to that - not to say it is not there, I cannot be sure, but I have seen no indication like that.
But there are progressive rewards for doing certain things, like smoothness on landing, how soft you touch down, how close to the centerline, and they get progressively more challenging, like landing a Stearman on a very small and narrow dirt runway sloping uphill nested right beside a line of trees with a 16 knot crosswind. There are quite a lot of "challenges" in Flight , some of which you cannot access until you have mastered certain ones below it , and they will certainly help one to become a better and more proficient sim pilot.

Undertand I am a big fan of FSX, having flown it since the day of release, and have gotten several hundred hours of enjoyment out of it, with no plans on stopping with it anytime soon.
I feel I have two good civilian flight sims on my computer now, and can enjoy both as well...

I also understand Flight is certainly not for everyone, much like FSX is certainly not for everyone - but there are several, and from what I see more and more, that can and do enjoy them both.

Edited by dburne, 10 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

REX FSX order # FSS0137822

Don B

EVGA X58 FTW3 MB
Intel I7 920 @ 4.1 ghz
6gb Corsair Dominator GT 1600 mhz ddr3 ram
EVGA GTX 460 1gb PCIe video card
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro PCIe Soundcard

#29 Spartan0536

Spartan0536

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

My whole ordeal with Flight is that while they wanted and did make an "acrade" kind of game out of it, they could have made it a true simulator with an "arcade" function, in FS2004 you can make it as easy or hard as you want, I dont see why they could not do that again.

Antec 1200 v3 /w 5 Thermaltake 120mm 97CFM Blue LED Fans | MSI K9N2 SLi Platinum Motherboard /w Circupipe Copper Cooling | AMD Phenom II 965 BE CPU /w Arctic Silver 5 and Zalman CNPS9900ALED CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX560Ti Superclocked GPU /w Arctic Silver 5 | G.Skill 8GB (2x2x2x2) DDR2 1066 RAM | Western Digital Velociraptor 500GB SATAIII HDD (High Speed Gaming Storage) | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB SATAII HDD (Standard Storage) | Corsair Force 2 60GB SSD (Operating System) ABS Labs TAGAN BZ 700W PSU (running single rail mode) | Windows 7 64-Bit Professional SP1

FSX Addons:
REX 4 | Ground Environment X North America | Ground Environment X Pacific & Atlantic Tropics | Ultimate Terrain X North America |FS Passengers X /w Virtual Airline: Turboprop Regional | Freeware 10m Mesh for Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada by Raimondo Taburet | FSGenesis FSX v2.0 for the Continental USA | A2A Accu-Feel ALS FSX | A2A Shockwave 3D Lights Redux | Airport Enhancer HDX | Ultimate Airport Environment X | ORBX FTX NA Central Rocky Mountains | ORBX FTX NA Pacific Northwest | ORBX FTX NA Northern Rocky Mountains | ORBX KJAC Jackson Hole | ORBX KBZN Gallatin Field | ORBX KWYS Yellowstone | FlyTampa KTPA Tampa Rebooted v2 | Active Sky Next | PLAN-G V3.07

Carenado Beechcraft King Air C90B | Carenado Beechcraft King Air B200 | Carenado Piper PA-46T Malibu JetProp | Carenado Daher-Socata TBM850 | Carenado Beechcraft Baron B58 | Carenado Beechcraft Bonanza A36 | IRIS A-10A Warthog Driver | Just Flight 757-200 & 300 Freemium (Delta Paints)| QualityWings 757 Collection | CLS MD81/82 | Carenado Cessna 340 II | Carenado Piper Malibu 350 | Real Air Lancair Legacy | Flight 1 ATR-72-500 | Carenado Cessna C208 Grand Caravan EX | Carenado Beechcraft 1900D | Milviz Beechcraft Super King Air 350i (Coming Soon!)

#30 dburne

dburne

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

I agree, that certainly would have been utopia and I can easily understand why so many are dissapointed. I was also dissapointed at first, but giving it a try I have found it to be very enjoyable.
I think FSX tried that to some extent, I remember prior to it's intitial release, the outcry that it was going to have " missions" and folks were afraid MS was going to make it too arcadish. But I think their attempt at bringing in a lot of new blood through that method, did not do what they had hoped - most folks were either previous MSFS enthusiast that wanted the " hard core" sim, or new ones that did not pay much attention to the missions, tried to do it the hard way, and found it too overwhelming and shelved it.

Fwiw, disable the aides in the realism options in Flight, and it ain't as easy as one might think... I really now look at Flight as being a true simulator, but with a lot of limitations as compared to the mature product FSX is. It will be interesting to see what Flight develops into over the next few months/years.

Also from what I am seeing here in the early days, Flight appears to be attracting a whole new bunch of participants, many of who might progress beyond Flight and get into FSX as well - I have already seen at least one or two that has done so just this week.
And new blood coming into the hobby, is a good thing!

Edited by dburne, 10 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Don B

EVGA X58 FTW3 MB
Intel I7 920 @ 4.1 ghz

#31 Spartan0536

Spartan0536

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I agree, that certainly would have been utopia and I can easily understand why so many are dissapointed. I was also dissapointed at first, but giving it a try I have found it to be very enjoyable.
I think FSX tried that to some extent, I remember prior to it's intitial release, the outcry that it was going to have " missions" and folks were afraid MS was going to make it too arcadish. But I think their attempt at bringing in a lot of new blood through that method, did not do what they had hoped - most folks were either previous MSFS enthusiast that wanted the " hard core" sim, or new ones that did not pay much attention to the missions, tried to do it the hard way, and found it too overwhelming and shelved it.

Fwiw, disable the aides in the realism options in Flight, and it ain't as easy as one might think... I really now look at Flight as being a true simulator, but with a lot of limitations as compared to the mature product FSX is. It will be interesting to see what Flight develops into over the next few months/years.

Also from what I am seeing here in the early days, Flight appears to be attracting a whole new bunch of participants, many of who might progress beyond Flight and get into FSX as well - I have already seen at least one or two that has done so just this week.
And new blood coming into the hobby, is a good thing!

Agreed that new blood into Flight Simming is awesome, the more the better as some might go as far as becoming 3rd party dev's, however I still believe that Flight could have had some realism settings in it and could have done things differently, MS could have had their cake and have eaten it too.

FSX Addons:

#32 jjjallen

jjjallen

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

I hope that no one takes offense but I jumped the FSX ship when I got Flight because FSX now looks and feels so archaic. Funny that after six years and 4 computers I still can't get it to fly smoothly where as Flight is smooth as butter from the get go. And of course the real big plus is NO TWEAKING!

Cheers
jja
REX FSX order # FSS0024258

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 darryl

darryl

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Flight is silly, all i can see is some shadow improvements , its the same scenery as FSX , hopefully theres not enough suckers who are willing to buy into it , you can get FSX gold for 20$ and a world of freeware and payware versus 1 plane , 1 island , no cars , no AI , no ATC , no weather adjusting, etc...I imaginge someone will introduce a successor to FSX in my lifetime , just have to wait.

REX FSX order # FSS0016614
REX 4 PCAVIATOR #127003 

I5 3570K

GTX 650 TI

rex_proud_supporter.png

#34 jjjallen

jjjallen

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Alaska is looking to be magnificent based on the previews! Check it out: https://news.microso...ws/default.aspx

Cheers
jja
REX FSX order # FSS0024258

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Spartan0536

Spartan0536

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Again Flight as it stands now is an "arcade" game to me, I do like the fact it takes much better advantages of todays hardware and requires LITTLE tweaking (there will always be tweaking in every game to get the most bang for your buck), again If Microsoft had better plans for this game such as having the areas ready for purchase at launch plus everything that has made FS2004/FSX awesome then yeah Flight would dominate the Flight Sim World, however this is not the case, the current state of Flight is sad.

Addendum: To be claer by having everything at launch does not mean I expected Flight to be completely free, same business model they are using now, just everything ready, its a flight game, flying gets you places FAST, the need for world wide coverage or at least a continent would have been better than an island, I am hoping they do not try to sell off all 50 states seperately.

Edited by Spartan0536, 11 March 2012 - 08:29 PM.

FSX Addons:

#36 mexican

mexican

• Verified Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

It certainly is nice not having to tweak it to get it to run well. I must say it is starting to grow on me.
REX FS9 order # FSS0045668
REX FSX order # FSS0154163
Processer: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU [email protected]
RAM: 8.00 GB
PSU: 700 watts
GPU: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560
FSX acceleration
FSUIPC unregistered
REX Essentials full install

#37 dburne

dburne

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

It certainly is nice not having to tweak it to get it to run well. I must say it is starting to grow on me.

That is pretty neat isn't it. When I fly FSX , I shut down all running programs that I can, to a clean desktop with min processes running. I then launch REX, enter my flight plan, load up the weather. Close REX, put my Cougar in emulation mode - make sure correct profile is loaded, launch my track IR, double click on FSX icon - min the WSX, wait a few moments for FSX to load. Load up my flight plan, make sure I change active runway to the parking gate I want - etc etc.

Alternatively, if the mood strikes, I can be at my desktp with two or three tabs open in IE9, Thunderbird open, maybe quicken open and minimize, whatever I happen to be doing at the time - just double click that Flight icon, and off I go - in moments, be in free flight, or a mission or challenge, and still get great performance with all graphics maxed out. And that scenery is beautiful.

I still love and enjoy very much FSX, and now I love and enjoy Flight in addition. Kind of just depends what mood I am in, sort of like watching a movie, one day I may be in the mood for a drama, another for a comedy...

Don B

EVGA X58 FTW3 MB
Intel I7 920 @ 4.1 ghz

#38 Virtualwombat

Virtualwombat

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

If you like Flight for its eye candy, then run, do not walk, and buy AeroflyFS. Much better looking, although like Flight it is very simple. DO NOT buy it if you are after a detailed sim. It is NOT a replacement for FSX.

Cheers,

Noel.
REX FSX order # FSS0025956

Core i7 920 @ 3.4, Torqx 256 GB SSD, GTX570, 6 GB DDR3, W7 64-bit, Dell 30" @ 2560 x 1600, Track IR5, CH pedals, TM Hotas Warthog, etc.

#39 steeleimaging

steeleimaging

• Verified Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

MSFLIGHT... Wow. Boring.

Every little thing costs money to expand on. Not that I mind, but it is truly horrid if you are an avid simmer and like the true reality of a cold and dark cockpit (I love the Level-D 767) - doesn't look like MS FLIGHT is even going to come close to that kind of experience.

Sincerely,

Dave Steele

steeleimaging.com

REX 4 / SimMarket          / Order: 1095789

REX     / FlightSim Store  / Order: FS00083231

System: 

Win7 x64 / Core i7-960 / Nvidia GTX 460 / 12gig Ram / 2 Terr Hard Drive

#40 elephantshapedcloud

elephantshapedcloud

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationNear LOWW/EU

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

If you like Flight for its eye candy, then run, do not walk, and buy AeroflyFS. Much better looking, although like Flight it is very simple. DO NOT buy it if you are after a detailed sim. It is NOT a replacement for FSX.

Cheers,

Noel.

That's true indeed!
AeroflyFS is a great alternative if it's about gaming ... at least for now as it might become continiously updated in the future ...
But currently it's some real great fun to fly around there with the various planes and enjoy some most fantastic graphics over a wonderfully remodelled Virtual-Switzerland...
And by keeping in mind how much resources MS has got and how comparatively very, very little resources the developers of AeroflyFS have got, I even have to admit that:
Flight makes me say: Well... hmmm..., while AeroflyFS makes me say: WOW ...!
And when it comes down to simming - It currently is indeed - and without doubts: FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane anyways
:)

REX 4 Textures, #FSS0253254

REX ESS, # FSS0184897

Intel Core i7 980 @ 3,3 GHz; Win7 64bit; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580; 12 GB RAM ...

FSX and DX10 in use
- Kindest regards, Christoph -

customer.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users