Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTH1969

Ms Flight.... Wow,,, Really?

43 posts in this topic

This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the feelings or views of REX or their forum. I am just expressing my personal views of MS FLIGHT and my personal experience with the new game.

Well I just downloaded the new MS Flight and gave it a whirl, WOW What a disappointment!!! I don't know if it was tauted to be the next great flight sim or not but Its not. Set all settings to max and it looks like well not good. It is not a flight sim at all it is an arcade game for kids at best. So Glad I did not have to pay for it up front I would have been really mad. I guesss let the kiddies... play with that and us real simmers can stick to FSX! I mean really MS you could have spent have the time and money that you spent on Flight and fixed a ton of issues with FSX and made it even better. Well I guess the 5 to 12 year old demographic needed a flying game and now they have one in MS Flight! And REX Thank you for making FSX as real as it can get, Of the hundreds or thousands of dollars I have spent on add-ons for FSX your Product is by far the best and most needed add-on on the market REX sets the whole mood of the FSX virtual world. So again thank you and thanks also for taking care of your customers the way you do. A very happy customer for life, James

Installed it, played the fist two required missions, joined a multiplayer session, got bored crashed my plane into another player (Actually got a reward for this ) then quit.

I barely managed to land after flying i between those baloons in the first mission, just after touchdown i got a crash to desktop, so that did it for me. No more flight

Edited by SK-1323

I did the first two required missions and then went to freeflight after about 3 mins. I started getting a headache from the weird water textures landed and quit, No more flight for me either SK. Like I said above if I walked into an arcade and seen this I would drop in a buck in quarters and fly it and think it was kinda cool but to a real flight simmer like most of us on here it's like a slap to the face. MS Flight and FSX shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence, and I sorry I just did...lol

This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the feelings or views of REX or their forum. I am just expressing my personal views of MS FLIGHT and my personal experience with the new game.

Well I just downloaded the new MS Flight and gave it a whirl, WOW What a disappointment!!! I don't know if it was tauted to be the next great flight sim or not but Its not. Set all settings to max and it looks like well not good. It is not a flight sim at all it is an arcade game for kids at best. So Glad I did not have to pay for it up front I would have been really mad. I guesss let the kiddies... play with that and us real simmers can stick to FSX! I mean really MS you could have spent have the time and money that you spent on Flight and fixed a ton of issues with FSX and made it even better. Well I guess the 5 to 12 year old demographic needed a flying game and now they have one in MS Flight! And REX Thank you for making FSX as real as it can get, Of the hundreds or thousands of dollars I have spent on add-ons for FSX your Product is by far the best and most needed add-on on the market REX sets the whole mood of the FSX virtual world. So again thank you and thanks also for taking care of your customers the way you do. A very happy customer for life, James

+1 :(

Thank you so much for these very kind words, James. It's such a pleasure to read nice topics like yours.

Thank you guys for reporting what Flight is and what it's doing.

I tried it despite it's shortcomings and FSX features, it has potential, the shadowing is great, but no ATC, real word weather and limited to Hawaii well who can say. If Microsoft were to introduce most of the FSX out of the box features then we could be on to a winner here. Lets see where they take it or how much they rob you, cant deny that Flight is visually pleasing albeit in a limited area and only the Lord knows what REX would look like in MS Flight. Well guys I give it the limited but visually pleasing, thumbs up.

OK: seen it, done it, earned the " coconut bra" (who came up with that one?) and leaving it alone from now on....

I thought exactly the same thing as you guys, I haven't purchased it, but I just watched some clips on Youtube - wow what a dissapointment! I think this feeling is mutual!

Well after reading several post on different forums and having a thread on another forum no names (AVSIM) shut down by the North Korean censorship committee for exercising my right to free speech (the exact same post as above by the way) Let me say this, I was not meaning to sound as harsh as some percieved my words to be in my post. The jest of my review and complaint about MS Flight was also part my fault for misunderstanding what Flight was to be. It is not the new FSX XI

I had someone take offence and call me elitist because I used the terms real/serious simmers and called Flight an arcade game for 5-12 year olds... Let me explain Flight is for anyone (newbies) from 4 to 100 that would like to hop in a plane and go flying (no learning curve) somewhat like a game you would find in an arcade drop in 4 quarters and anyone can basically do this. And thats ok, fun for all. what I meant by serious/real simmers are people who like it to have a learning curve, have to push 50 buttons and turn 40 knobs just to start the aircraft...lol To look,taste,feel and fly as realistic as possible and had hoped that MS was going to after many years address the many issues in FSX and I would hope that thats ok too! MS Flight is a game everyone can fly and enjoy, and I hope many do. I happen to prefer a more realistic advanced experience and thats all I meant by real/serious simmers ones that have invested hundreds or thousands of dollars into their experience and I figured they would know who they were! MS Flight to me is a game is not and not a sim because flying sims is not a game to alot of simmers it's as real as it can get thats what we strive for Or I do anyway. So apologies to the offendees. I wish MS a ton of success with Flight, I just hope that you would look into some of the issues with FSX for us that prefer a more advanced simmimg experience in the near future. HAPPY FLYING, James

Well said James, that takes the "edges" of your first post, which I never read as you mentioned some people did. I myself can however see the business perspective M$ is seeing with Flight. It's a game, designed in a series of games, to bind people to a gaming concept designed for specific hardware. It is not designed and will not be a "flight simulator", hence the change in name from MS Flightsimulator to MS Flight.

The Aces team is long gone from the M$ grounds. No one will argue that the shortcomings we as a community did find in the FSX setup, would have been addressed in SP3 and updates for FSX if M$ didn't decide to close shop on FSX. Fixing those, or designing a new simulator, will not generate enough to justify the efforts to do so. Besides that we have to understand that we are a peculiar group of people compared to "gamers". IMO the vast amounts of money nowadays needed for design, maintenance and marketing of gaming software does need a completely different approach of the market as when FSX was developed. And piracy came on top of that, severely shrinking the opportunities to gain profit on these investments.

I therefore understand the new setup with a free, basic starter pack and paid expansions, combined with internet driven multiplayer setup. It's the new design that's adopted by the markets. It's not to my liking, but I do understand it!

MS Flight !?

The first and the last time I tried it I felt like I was in a guided bicycle lesson and it ended there. Sad thing is that they brag about this for long only to embarrass themselves. There is nothing appealing to it.

Thanks,

Ermias

Anybody been able to use throttle? ;D I'm speechless.... what a laugh >:(

It's "engaged" after the friendly woman start talking about it en route to balloon three! ;D

I got censored out of the *nameless* forum also for sharing my views. As it turns out, trying to explain flight dynamics to people who have never even flown before is quite hard....

I have given up posting my opinion on it....it does not end well.anymore sadly. One cant even do it in a civil matter anymore without all getout breaking loose.

Edited by WilliamJSS

But...on a positive note...one of the best addon developers in FSX is working on one of the best addons to date I hear...

I think they call it something like.... Essentials?!?!?!?

Bottom line, It has been expressed by the hardcore FSX simmers in many ways some negative and jabbing at Flight in these forums that we're not happy with Flight. But I think if you take away all the jabs and negativity all we are really trying to say is Now that there is a brand new sim for the casual market we FSX guys hope that maybe MS could re-visit FSX and at least put out a SP-3 if not FSXI It's been a long time coming and way overdue! Happy Flying!

I can relate, the Avsim mod just threatened to ban me, Wasn't even being negative never said anything bad about Flight I said why are you on my ass so hard

from mr. spiritflyer himself You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.

Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends???? Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

The 50% off for REX must be in celebration of MS Flight launch. Can't wait to try REX in Flight. Is it compatible is it not? No? Well REX team, time to get with the program.

Ok, back to my medication. O0

LOL dvj!

We can't talk about Flight, or talk about not talking about flight or... O0

Me "thinks" FSX is for "we" that consider it the closest to a real simulator that we will ever get too....................MS Flight is for "gamers". Nice product, but no where close to the level our FSX Simulators' are at this time.

cthiggin

I was in the beta for Flight and the short time that I loaded it up all I could think of was....... FSX,REX,FTX over and over in my mind. Couldn't wait to get back to it.

I'm sure it will be great for people just wanting to goof around, but like others have said most of us more serious simmers are looking for the most realistic experience for flying and imo FSX,REX and FTX can't be beat. And the amount of high quality payware and freeware for this sim is amazing.

Edited by djdel002

Just Deleted FLIGHT .. Buh Bye now..

I can relate, the Avsim mod just threatened to ban me, Wasn't even being negative never said anything bad about Flight I said why are you on my ass so hard

from mr. spiritflyer himself  You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.

Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with  Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials   I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends? ???  Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

This I

from mr. spiritflyer himself  You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.

Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with  Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials   I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends? ???  Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

I tried MS Flight and wrote an honest detailed review I was instantly jumped on my AVSIM staff and had my thread deleted.

Later received an apology from one mod saying he was sorry and acted irrational meanwhile a certain admin said my post had to go because it was a bad look for AVSIM and the MS Flight dev relationship.

So brutal truth is not allowed in that section. I would stay outta there because theres alot of fan boy activity going on.

Edited by blueshark747