42 replies to this topic

#1 JTH1969

JTH1969

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKCOS, USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the feelings or views of REX or their forum. I am just expressing my personal views of MS FLIGHT and my personal experience with the new game.

Well I just downloaded the new MS Flight and gave it a whirl, WOW What a disappointment!!! I don't know if it was tauted to be the next great flight sim or not but Its not. Set all settings to max and it looks like well not good. It is not a flight sim at all it is an arcade game for kids at best. So Glad I did not have to pay for it up front I would have been really mad. I guesss let the kiddies... play with that and us real simmers can stick to FSX! I mean really MS you could have spent have the time and money that you spent on Flight and fixed a ton of issues with FSX and made it even better. Well I guess the 5 to 12 year old demographic needed a flying game and now they have one in MS Flight! And REX Thank you for making FSX as real as it can get, Of the hundreds or thousands of dollars I have spent on add-ons for FSX your Product is by far the best and most needed add-on on the market REX sets the whole mood of the FSX virtual world. So again thank you and thanks also for taking care of your customers the way you do. A very happy customer for life, James

My System

My Own Custom Built Machine - "Cosmos Titanium II "  |  FSX Deluxe Edition - Acceleration/SP2 / Prepar3D V2.3  |  CoolerMaster Cosmos SE  Case  |  ASUS Sabertooth X79 MB  |  W-7/64 Ultimate  |  Intel Core i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 

| Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram 32GB@1866Mhz   |  Corsair H100i Radiator Fans  |  EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply  |  EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW + LE 3GB GPU  |  Creative Soundblaster Z Soundcard

5.75 TB Total Storage - Samsung 250GB SSD for OS - Samsung 500GB SSD Dedicated to FSX/P3D - 2TB + 1TB Internal High Performance 64MB Cache WD Caviar Black HDD's + 2 - 1TB WD External HDD's

32" Samsung UN32F5500 LED HD Monitor  |  2- LG Modisc Bluray Optical Drives  |  Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers

Please Visit my Personal FB Pages -  FSX-Flight Sim Addict & P3D - Flight Sim Addict -   For thousands of Screenshots showing what REX products can do.

https://www.facebook...92536710?ref=hl

https://www.facebook...12225344?ref=hl

#2 MrSpeaker

MrSpeaker

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Installed it, played the fist two required missions, joined a multiplayer session, got bored crashed my plane into another player (Actually got a reward for this ) then quit.

#3 SK-1323

SK-1323

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

I barely managed to land after flying i between those baloons in the first mission, just after touchdown i got a crash to desktop, so that did it for me. No more flight

Edited by SK-1323, 29 February 2012 - 06:32 PM.

REX FS9 order # FSS0045496
REX FSX order # FSS0125081

#4 JTH1969

JTH1969

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Verified Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKCOS, USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

I did the first two required missions and then went to freeflight after about 3 mins. I started getting a headache from the weird water textures landed and quit, No more flight for me either SK. Like I said above if I walked into an arcade and seen this I would drop in a buck in quarters and fly it and think it was kinda cool but to a real flight simmer like most of us on here it's like a slap to the face. MS Flight and FSX shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence, and I sorry I just did...lol

My System

My Own Custom Built Machine - "Cosmos Titanium II "  |  FSX Deluxe Edition - Acceleration/SP2 / Prepar3D V2.3  |  CoolerMaster Cosmos SE  Case  |  ASUS Sabertooth X79 MB  |  W-7/64 Ultimate  |  Intel Core i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 

| Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram 32GB@1866Mhz   |  Corsair H100i Radiator Fans  |  EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply  |  EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW + LE 3GB GPU  |  Creative Soundblaster Z Soundcard

5.75 TB Total Storage - Samsung 250GB SSD for OS - Samsung 500GB SSD Dedicated to FSX/P3D - 2TB + 1TB Internal High Performance 64MB Cache WD Caviar Black HDD's + 2 - 1TB WD External HDD's

32" Samsung UN32F5500 LED HD Monitor  |  2- LG Modisc Bluray Optical Drives  |  Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers

Please Visit my Personal FB Pages -  FSX-Flight Sim Addict & P3D - Flight Sim Addict -   For thousands of Screenshots showing what REX products can do.

#5 Tolkt

Tolkt

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

This post is the opinion of myself and in no way reflects the feelings or views of REX or their forum. I am just expressing my personal views of MS FLIGHT and my personal experience with the new game.

Well I just downloaded the new MS Flight and gave it a whirl, WOW What a disappointment!!! I don't know if it was tauted to be the next great flight sim or not but Its not. Set all settings to max and it looks like well not good. It is not a flight sim at all it is an arcade game for kids at best. So Glad I did not have to pay for it up front I would have been really mad. I guesss let the kiddies... play with that and us real simmers can stick to FSX! I mean really MS you could have spent have the time and money that you spent on Flight and fixed a ton of issues with FSX and made it even better. Well I guess the 5 to 12 year old demographic needed a flying game and now they have one in MS Flight! And REX Thank you for making FSX as real as it can get, Of the hundreds or thousands of dollars I have spent on add-ons for FSX your Product is by far the best and most needed add-on on the market REX sets the whole mood of the FSX virtual world. So again thank you and thanks also for taking care of your customers the way you do. A very happy customer for life, James

+1 :(
REX DVD Mailsoft 103744
REX + Overdrive, DVD Aerosoft 40023
REX Essential PLUS OverDrive DVD Mailsoft.ch 01300112

Posted Image

#6 Guitarman

Guitarman

Advanced Member

• FSX Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts
  • LocationFlemish Ardens

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thank you so much for these very kind words, James. It's such a pleasure to read nice topics like yours.

Thank you guys for reporting what Flight is and what it's doing.
Peter
Belgium

Never change settings in REX when FSX is running !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flightsim is not a simulation, it's a way of life !

REX FSX #16322 | REX FS9 #43312
Intel Core2 E6420 @ 2.13 Ghz. - 8Gb ram - Nvidia 8800GT/512 Mb - 2 x 22" Neovo wide screens - W7-64 Ultimate

#7 iz777

iz777

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationEGCC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I tried it despite it's shortcomings and FSX features, it has potential, the shadowing is great, but no ATC, real word weather and limited to Hawaii well who can say. If Microsoft were to introduce most of the FSX out of the box features then we could be on to a winner here. Lets see where they take it or how much they rob you, cant deny that Flight is visually pleasing albeit in a limited area and only the Lord knows what REX would look like in MS Flight. Well guys I give it the limited but visually pleasing, thumbs up.
43758 REX-002 REX - Real Environment Xtreme FS2004
141960 REX-001 REX - REX Essential PLUS
272947 REX-010 REX - REX 4 | Texture Direct HD

Posted Image

Intel i7 920 3.74GHz (OC) - Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO- EVGA GTX 570HD 1.25GB - 12gb Corsair Venegance DDR3 1600Mhz - 500gb Sata II 16MB Cache, Corsair HX850, 1 TB WD External HDD - Realtek HD Audio - Coolermaster Elite Case - Zalman M215W 3D - Windows 7 HP

#8 keeszondag

keeszondag

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 12,495 posts
  • Location51°48'6.71" N 5°13'59.12" E

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

OK: seen it, done it, earned the " coconut bra" (who came up with that one?) and leaving it alone from now on....
I5 with 6 GB ddr3 - ATI gpu with 1 GB ddr5 FSX - Acc. and P3D

#9 utd4life11

utd4life11

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I thought exactly the same thing as you guys, I haven't purchased it, but I just watched some clips on Youtube - wow what a dissapointment! I think this feeling is mutual!
Danny Welsh

REX FSX order # FSS0144506

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz) : ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX: 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT): 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready: 1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE: COOLIT ECO II C240 A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)

#10 JTH1969

JTH1969

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Verified Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKCOS, USA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well after reading several post on different forums and having a thread on another forum no names (AVSIM) shut down by the North Korean censorship committee for exercising my right to free speech (the exact same post as above by the way) Let me say this, I was not meaning to sound as harsh as some percieved my words to be in my post. The jest of my review and complaint about MS Flight was also part my fault for misunderstanding what Flight was to be. It is not the new FSX XI
I had someone take offence and call me elitist because I used the terms real/serious simmers and called Flight an arcade game for 5-12 year olds... Let me explain Flight is for anyone (newbies) from 4 to 100 that would like to hop in a plane and go flying (no learning curve) somewhat like a game you would find in an arcade drop in 4 quarters and anyone can basically do this. And thats ok, fun for all. what I meant by serious/real simmers are people who like it to have a learning curve, have to push 50 buttons and turn 40 knobs just to start the aircraft...lol To look,taste,feel and fly as realistic as possible and had hoped that MS was going to after many years address the many issues in FSX and I would hope that thats ok too! MS Flight is a game everyone can fly and enjoy, and I hope many do. I happen to prefer a more realistic advanced experience and thats all I meant by real/serious simmers ones that have invested hundreds or thousands of dollars into their experience and I figured they would know who they were! MS Flight to me is a game is not and not a sim because flying sims is not a game to alot of simmers it's as real as it can get thats what we strive for Or I do anyway. So apologies to the offendees. I wish MS a ton of success with Flight, I just hope that you would look into some of the issues with FSX for us that prefer a more advanced simmimg experience in the near future. HAPPY FLYING, James

My System

#11 keeszondag

keeszondag

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Well said James, that takes the "edges" of your first post, which I never read as you mentioned some people did. I myself can however see the business perspective M$ is seeing with Flight. It's a game, designed in a series of games, to bind people to a gaming concept designed for specific hardware. It is not designed and will not be a "flight simulator", hence the change in name from MS Flightsimulator to MS Flight.

The Aces team is long gone from the M$ grounds. No one will argue that the shortcomings we as a community did find in the FSX setup, would have been addressed in SP3 and updates for FSX if M$ didn't decide to close shop on FSX. Fixing those, or designing a new simulator, will not generate enough to justify the efforts to do so. Besides that we have to understand that we are a peculiar group of people compared to "gamers". IMO the vast amounts of money nowadays needed for design, maintenance and marketing of gaming software does need a completely different approach of the market as when FSX was developed. And piracy came on top of that, severely shrinking the opportunities to gain profit on these investments.

I therefore understand the new setup with a free, basic starter pack and paid expansions, combined with internet driven multiplayer setup. It's the new design that's adopted by the markets. It's not to my liking, but I do understand it!

#12 ermias

ermias

• Verified Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKPHL / HHAS

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

MS Flight !?

The first and the last time I tried it I felt like I was in a guided bicycle lesson and it ended there. Sad thing is that they brag about this for long only to embarrass themselves. There is nothing appealing to it.

Thanks,
Ermias

REX FSX order # FSS0140096

customer.jpg

signature.jpg

FSX EXP. Win 7 Pro 64bit, Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI, Core 2 Duo @ 3.4 GHz and, 8GB of RAM, 2 X (EVGA 1GB 9800GT) SLI

#13 Fabio Mantellini

Fabio Mantellini

• Verified Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Anybody been able to use throttle? ;D I'm speechless.... what a laugh >:(
REX FSX order # FSS0082145

#14 keeszondag

keeszondag

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Anybody been able to use throttle? ;D I'm speechless.... what a laugh >:(

It's "engaged" after the friendly woman start talking about it en route to balloon three! ;D

#15 WilliamJSS

WilliamJSS

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

I got censored out of the *nameless* forum also for sharing my views. As it turns out, trying to explain flight dynamics to people who have never even flown before is quite hard....

I have given up posting my opinion on it....it does not end well.anymore sadly. One cant even do it in a civil matter anymore without all getout breaking loose.

Edited by WilliamJSS, 01 March 2012 - 12:32 AM.

REX ES Order #143494

REX 4 Order #288460
Win 7 64bit
P8Z68 ASUS
i7-2600k @4.4Ghz
32GB Corsair Vengence
EVGA 780 3GB

#16 timest999

timest999

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 29,090 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

:(

#17 WilliamJSS

WilliamJSS

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

But...on a positive note...one of the best addon developers in FSX is working on one of the best addons to date I hear...
I think they call it something like.... Essentials?!?!?!?

REX ES Order #143494

REX 4 Order #288460
Win 7 64bit
P8Z68 ASUS
i7-2600k @4.4Ghz
32GB Corsair Vengence
EVGA 780 3GB

#18 JTH1969

JTH1969

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Verified Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKCOS, USA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

Bottom line, It has been expressed by the hardcore FSX simmers in many ways some negative and jabbing at Flight in these forums that we're not happy with Flight. But I think if you take away all the jabs and negativity all we are really trying to say is Now that there is a brand new sim for the casual market we FSX guys hope that maybe MS could re-visit FSX and at least put out a SP-3 if not FSXI It's been a long time coming and way overdue! Happy Flying!

My System

#19 JTH1969

JTH1969

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Verified Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationKCOS, USA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

I can relate, the Avsim mod just threatened to ban me, Wasn't even being negative never said anything bad about Flight I said why are you on my ass so hard
from mr. spiritflyer himself You should be angry at me, not Bill. I removed that last post for it's abuse and bad language. You should have taken the hint. I advise you to take a break from posting in this forum or risk taking a lot longer one.
Oh I'm so glad REX has a new product coming out for everyone to play with Come on REX when are we gonna see ESSentials I'm thinking maybe 2moro when your special sale ends???? Well whenever it does I will be along with many others a very happy camper or flyer i should say ...lol

My System

#20 dvj

dvj

Advanced Member

• Verified Members
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

The 50% off for REX must be in celebration of MS Flight launch. Can't wait to try REX in Flight. Is it compatible is it not? No? Well REX team, time to get with the program.

Ok, back to my medication. O0
REX FSX order # FSS0018063

-dvj

Posted Image

HP Phoenix H9
Intel Core i7-3960X 4.20 GHz
32GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 680
Windows 7, 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users