Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin66

Video Driver Problem? 10Minutes Into Flt, Screen Goes Black. Help

6 posts in this topic

I purchased a NVidia GEForce GT 430 several months ago and seemed to work great. Now after 10 min into flight, I get spikes all over the screen then whole screen goes black. Not sure what is causing this. Cooling issue? Win7 32bit, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz Memory: 6144MB RAM

Help thanks

I recommend you go to the latest drivers. If that does not work, try rolling back to the previous driver. Roll back to the driver that last worked.

Hi. The spikes are an indication for overload of the GPU. You can try what Reid said for the Software side of matters, but also open the case and check for dust on and around the graphic card. You'll be surpised how much dust can be cluttered inside your case....

Great advice guys. Yeah I try to clean it out every month or so. Will check again for dust. And yes, I did just update the driver a couple weeks ago. Let me try going backwards and see if that helps. Will let you know.

I don't mean to be unkind Kevin, but your system is pretty low spec and is unlikely to be able to run FSX and the latest addons at any reaonable slider settings. The spikes all over the screen are often sure fire evidence of memory or graphics issues. I notice you are running a 32bit program, I would put money on the fact that this is your problem. I had EXACTLY the same issue with Win XP 32bit, once I moved to Win7 64 bit, the issue disappeared.

Actually Rockliffe, the system works quite well. Im getting 30-60+ fps in FTX NA PNW, Pacific Fjords, Tongass, Imagine Sims Hong Kong. Thats with many addon aircraft. I did blow out the dust in the system today and ran around the patch (Imagine Sim Katl in the Capt Sim 707) Now this one Im getting 10fps, but this is where the screen was giving me fits. a quick 20 minutes around the pattern and not a glitch. Im thinking it was dust and heat. Have the cover off the computer now and seems to help. And yes Im looking to upgrade!!! thanks for all the help guys. good flying Kevin