Weather View / Search
The Weather Section has been re-organized so that it is more presentable and easier to read.
SOME of the newest features include:
- When searching for weather at a specific airport that fails to report, a list of weather stations/airports near that airport will be provided. From that list, the user can select the closest weather report to view in detail.
- Now provided is the ability to search for various weather conditions across the globe. Searches include VFR, IFR, rain, snow, and thunderstorm conditions.
- The upper-level winds reported are actual REAL reports for the area. If a station does not participate in the RADIOSONDE process, REX will auto-select a combination of upper-level winds nearby.
- The WX TEXTURE protocol has been completely re-written. All textures will be more selective based upon the weather conditions, although the cloud textures deserves more mention. For example, user will experience more nimbostratus clouds associated with rainy warm fronts than with cumulus clouds. However, please note this will be based upon your configuration settings, which we will get to soon!
- Modified the WASYS view, allowing a whole WORLD view of precipitation, storm scope, turbulence, and icing. It includes easy panning and zooming features.
Next Feature - Configuration Settings - Part 1
We will review the features of the GENERAL SETTINGS TAB