timest999

ANNOUNCEMENT Rex Essential - Feature #6

24 posts in this topic

REX ESSENTIAL - FEATURE #6

Weather View / Search

The Weather Section has been re-organized so that it is more presentable and easier to read.

SOME of the newest features include:

• When searching for weather at a specific airport that fails to report, a list of weather stations/airports near that airport will be provided. From that list, the user can select the closest weather report to view in detail.
  • Now provided is the ability to search for various weather conditions across the globe. Searches include VFR, IFR, rain, snow, and thunderstorm conditions.
  • The upper-level winds reported are actual REAL reports for the area. If a station does not participate in the RADIOSONDE process, REX will auto-select a combination of upper-level winds nearby.
  • The WX TEXTURE protocol has been completely re-written. All textures will be more selective based upon the weather conditions, although the cloud textures deserves more mention. For example, user will experience more nimbostratus clouds associated with rainy warm fronts than with cumulus clouds. However, please note this will be based upon your configuration settings, which we will get to soon!
  • Modified the WASYS view, allowing a whole WORLD view of precipitation, storm scope, turbulence, and icing. It includes easy panning and zooming features.

Next Feature - Configuration Settings - Part 1

We will review the features of the GENERAL SETTINGS TAB

Thanks for all these updates Tim! REX Essential just keeps getting better...and better :D

Cheers,

Clem

Wouahouu ! Thank's guys for your job ! Looks greats, i can't wait anymore !

Regards

I know for sure that all the new features will be just awesome .....I keep my fingers crossed on the new weather engine that IMO is the crucial point of everything.

I have a feeling we are going to be waitng couple more months for this at least.

...new weather engine that IMO is the crucial point of everything.

We agree ;)

...new weather engine that IMO is the crucial point of everything.

We agree ;)

Some competition out there tried to gain some space in the market making their own texture .....a working weather engine will put them back in their place ..:-))))

I think the last time I have gotten worked up and excited over a addon to this point I am at now was over the NGX.

Doing a great job team!! Does this mean that REX will select cloud textures based on real world conditions? For example, a thunderstorm condition would select cumulus cloud #54 etc. along with textures from other sets? Does this mean I do not have to necessarily choose a cumulus cloud set because REX can now put the sky according to what cloud types are associated with certain conditions automatically?

Doing a great job team!! Does this mean that REX will select cloud textures based on real world conditions? For example, a thunderstorm condition would select cumulus cloud #54 etc. along with textures from other sets? Does this mean I do not have to necessarily choose a cumulus cloud set because REX can now put the sky according to what cloud types are associated with certain conditions automatically?

Yes!

Yes!

:lol:;D ;D ;D8) Awesome!!!

Same for water textures, by any chance (glassy for calm winds, rippled for windy days, etc.)?

Yes!

Wow! Beautiful!!! These are great things coming........ ^-^

Wait until you SEE the storm enhancements!!

Now that Tim, has been something that's been missing in FSX for a very long time!

AMAZING!

Getting better and better and better ......!

But ... - as it sounds quite interesting - i will quote FredM here and ask as well:

Same for water textures, by any chance (glassy for calm winds, rippled for windy days, etc.)?

... Could this be achieved?

Again: It's just a question of interest as it's all looking most promising already, but maybe there is some info about the "water" as well.

But for now:

Thank You all very much again at REX for this new and fine little update here!

Cheers, Christoph

Hi can you verify me so i can access the download of essential when it is released, many thanks, my order number is my signature...

Matt

Any News, have not heard anything for thelast few days! IS everything alright?

How will REX Essentials work on a network PC? Hypothetically, I would have REX installed on my man FSX pc and REX Weather Engine installed on a network client. Will it still be as simple as using simconnect?

Any word on this?

When Reed gets time, he will surely answer. Thanks for your patience.