25 posts in this topic

Hello friends, hello REX team...

Although I still have to finish 2-3 requested videos, I couldn't resist creating a tribute video to my favourite aviation related TV series "Ice Pilots NWT" ...

My girlfriend Jenny did the voice-over in this video.. thank you so much honey...!!!

I know 15 minutes is way too long for an FSX video, but you will see, they'll fly away like seconds ... :)

Jenny and I enjoyed doing the video in every single minute, we hope you'll enjoy every single minute of watching ...

Please let the HD process, to enjoy the video in its entity without interrupting ...

Stunning Alex, I really thought I was watching an episode!

Well done guys!!! Great video...enjoyed that alot...well executed :) :) :)

Awesome dude, peice of work.

thank you, that was indeed a lot of work, but I enjoyed working on this one very much ..

Amazing video Alex! Just like....a real episode! Very well done.

Cheers,

Clem

Stunning Alex, I really thought I was watching an episode!

hehe, thanks Kees .. yes, originally I wanted just to adapt the intro, before the stories start, as I always loved that part in the TV series a lot. The original's cut pace is a way faster than mine, and they have a ot of more footage of people and faces.. something I can't cope with in FSX yet ... but once the orbx stuff releases the new PeopleFlow2 feature, I am pretty sure the opportunities for us FS videographers will be increasing.

Well done guys!!! Great video...enjoyed that alot...well executed :) :) :)

Thank you very much Tom ... !!

I am already thinking of a storyline for the next episode. The CL-215's still didn't touch Turkish ground, one C-47 needs to get back to Yellowknife, while another C-47's burnt out engine needs replacement .. :)

I have enough ideas, just need to find a way to pay the female narrator .. :)

Amazing video Alex! Just like....a real episode! Very well done.

Cheers,

Clem

Hey Clem...!!

yeeha, thank you very much, exactly what was intended ... :)

As a voiceover enthusiast myself, your wife did a darn convincing job! :) I loved this! Keep up the superb work!

OMG! Absolutely BRILLIANT. 2012 FSX Emmy Award Winner!

15 minutes too long? I could have watched an hour of that - and if you film it, I'll watch it.

Edited by djMot

Fabulous work here. We just need someone who can do a Kermit voice for Mikey to make an appearance. Seriously though, we love Ice Pilots in the UK and this video is a fitting tribute to the guys and gals who keep the show on the road.

As a voiceover enthusiast myself, your wife did a darn convincing job! :) I loved this! Keep up the superb work!

Wow, thank you very much Reid, she feels very honoured to hear that from native english speaking people, as she took a special language course to learn more english accents, such as British English divided in several accents and American English, as well divided in several dialects and accents .. Yeap, she did a great job, and having some spoken text splits helps so much in building up a story in FS videos ... I wished I could afford a good microphone, or at least a good audio editing software, some day... :)

OMG! Absolutely BRILLIANT. 2012 FSX Emmy Award Winner!

15 minutes too long? I could have watched an hour of that - and if you film it, I'll watch it.

wow..!! thank you so much djMot ..!!

we indeed think of doing more episodes, there's still some ideas for another storyboard left...

- a burnt out engine has to be replaced by a new one, which first needs to be delivered ..

- the Waterbomber pilots face more dangerous situations on their way to Turkey ..

- and a Douglas C-47 is stuck in arctic area, and needs to get off fast, before the ice runway starts melting ...

just ideas .. something like that ... :)

Fabulous work here. We just need someone who can do a Kermit voice for Mikey to make an appearance. Seriously though, we love Ice Pilots in the UK and this video is a fitting tribute to the guys and gals who keep the show on the road.

yea, thank you graham, these are kind words ... :)

We both laughed on your comment about Mikey's Kermit voice .. :lol:

And guess what, Jenny just tried that voice after showing her your comment and it sounds so cool !!! Funny though, hearing that voice from a woman .. in case we do another episode we will certainly consider this idea..! I'd just need a character in FSX that looks a bit like Mikey .. :blink:

Flippin AWESOME Alex!! Wow.

Hi Tim ..!!

thank you very much, that means a lot to me ..!!

I'd be glad to create something for you REX guys again, someday .. Maybe I can win Jenny over, to do a voice-ocer again ... :)

The results would be very pro ...!! ;)

I really enjoyed your video Alex.

What kind of DC-3 are you using? Is this a stock aircraft for fsx or is there a download you could recommend?

That Orbx scenery really makes everything pop. First class movie all around.

That was Awesome!!! well done. your videos are worth every minute!

As a fan of Ice Pilot NWT i have to say Hats off & congrats, for a little moment i forgot it was FSX and REX essential ;D

Cheers.

NB: i'm awaitng with impatience the release

Edited by yankeeromeo

I really enjoyed your video Alex.

What kind of DC-3 are you using? Is this a stock aircraft for fsx or is there a download you could recommend?

That Orbx scenery really makes everything pop. First class movie all around.

Oh damn, I missed all the messages here ... sorry for replying late. Thank you very much, mate!

These are freeware DC-3's, one is from MAAM-sim (the one with the engine fire), for the other one landing on the ice runway, it's free but I can't remember where I downloaded them ..

I can have closer look and see where you can find those ... (simviation.com is a site with a lot of vintage aircraft, I guess I found some over there)

That was Awesome!!! well done. your videos are worth every minute!

Thank you so much, Rick ! 15 minutes is really long, but it flies by pretty quick in this video ...

Edited by ateh1

As a fan of Ice Pilot NWT i have to say Hats off & congrats, for a little moment i forgot it was FSX and REX essential ;D

Cheers.

NB: i'm awaitng with impatience the release

Wow, thank you very much, sir !

ps: I did use REX2+Overdrive, here ... Hopefully my next video will include REX Essential, yet ... ;)

Just catchinh up..terrific video..15 minutes is not too long, went fast.

By the way I saw the episode regarding the water bombers, I don't want to spoil it for everyone, but once the turkish pilots were stratecd training a fundamantal landing error was made..guess what!!!!

Just catchinh up..terrific video..15 minutes is not too long, went fast.

By the way I saw the episode regarding the water bombers, I don't want to spoil it for everyone, but once the turkish pilots were stratecd training a fundamantal landing error was made..guess what!!!!

Thank you very much ! Yes I think I saw a short clip on youtube ... Didn't the pilot forgot to pull out the landing gear ..? :)

Loved it Alex ;) Great vid man !!

Thanks a lot mate !

Loved every second of it! My kind of flying :)