timest999

ANNOUNCEMENT Rex Essential - Feature #5 - Part 2

25 posts in this topic

REX ESSENTIAL - FEATURE #5 - Part 2

Texture Enhancements - Part 2

As we previously announced in Part 1 of Texture Enhancements, there are a few topics worth mentioning in regards to some of the new features we have included in REX Essential. However, one in particular is not texture related... audio enhancements!

We now include true environment and weather-related audio in REX Essential. We went through great lengths to maintain a certain 'sound' through a meticulous mastering process. As some of our friends here know, REX Game Studios owns and operates a full-fledged recording studio complete with its own mastering facility using state-of-the-art equipment; we spared no expense to bring the sound experience to our users. The dynamic sounds of rain, wind and thunder will blow you away. Feel the power!

Users can now select a compressed algorithm for wave animation sets. We have received reports in the past that some users have experienced frame rate issues with our extended HD animation textures. In testing, we have noticed a major difference in FPS using this technology. After much hard work, we have minimized the visual anomalies associated with this type of compression, and feel we've accomplished a great milestone in doing so.

The next topic includes texture fixes and enhancements within REX Essential per our users feedback, such as cloud transparency, runway edges and sky colors. The new day, dawn and dusk sky color set has been requested by users in regards to screenshots posted by myself in many threads throughout our forum lately. This new "Natural Sky" texture set adds a unique tint to your dawn, day, and dusk skies. Also, now included is the ability for the user to select clouds based upon the cloud type rather than simply a number on a list.

Finally, the last topic we want to address is our new weather-influenced process,as this area has been completely re-written. You will experience conditions closer to what is actually happening in the real-world. This process will give you a wider range of variety utilizing ALL textures within REX Essentials.

Next Topic: Weather View/Search Enhancements

We will be looking at some of the changes we have implemented in the Weather Section of REX Essential.

well done tim and team,cant wait for this to be released!

Tim, this is probably my favourite update! Dynamic sounds of rain and wind... epicness!

I'm really surprised that you aren't charging for this upgrade (but then again you didn't charge for the update from Rex1 to REX2 so...

great job looking forward to it :D

Feature after feature, I am getting more and more excited! I'm so looking forward to this one!

Cheers,

Clem

Great stuff..

Can we look upon these updates as a count down to release of Essential.Number 5 now perhaps when we get to 10 we will have the release :)

Steve

So awesome, can't wait for this and will we be loading the waysys separately for the real time weather or should it automatically load with Essentials? The reason why I ask is for the longest it stopped loading automatically and then Ebo helped me by telling me where the file was so I could save a shortcut on my desktop. Once I was able to load it up again separately I was able to enjoy the REX textures goodness again and not the blah blah FSX standard textures. I'm looking forward to essentials and sounds great.

This is amazing. I have a question, there are times when you see clouds that are repeated too close to each other, this makes the cloud pattern not so realistic. I was wondering if this an issue you plan to fix? Thanks kindly.

I did hold back on AS2012 because of REX ESSENTIAL ......and so far seems that was the right decision.

well done guys, really looking forward to this ;D

I did hold back on AS2012 because of REX ESSENTIAL ......and so far seems that was the right decision.

Same here :)

Same here

Me too!!!

This is sounding better every post.

Tks REX Team.

Me too, but I hope this is not like PMDG, and I have to wait ... long time. ;)

The more I read, the more unbelievable it seems. Amazing! If you go on like this, we won't be able to get from behind our SIM. At least I refuse I guess:).

Thx to the whole crew ! ! Looking forward to this cloudy flights and skies.

Me too, but I hope this is not like PMDG, and I have to wait ... long time. ;)

One of the things I love about this team is that they do not announce anything without backing it up in a timely fashion. My finger is inching to the download button already. 8)

WOW!! Great News!! Please give us REX Essentials soon.............I can`t wait any longer.......... ^-^

What are we talking about here ?

2 days 2 Weeks or 2 moths ?

What are we talking about here ?

2 days 2 Weeks or 2 moths ?

Well, that's quite an interesting question ...

I knew it! I've always wanted to hear a gentle moving breeze,wind,or air after I shut down my engines! This is getting to be like a second christmas for our sims. :)

waiting for this...looks great!

REX FSX order # FSS0148043

I'll go for the "2 moths" - they don't last any time at all . . . . ???

We are all waiting for this. Hope to see this post confirms myself as verified. Imagine missing out because of a typo in your order number...lol

Ditto here, and agreed!

Thanks so much for all the hard work!! can't wait for this update!!! :)

I have a question: how will the REX Essential Environment sounds work with other add-on environmnet sound sets, such as from the likes of Orbyx sceneries?

I've never experienced such anticipation from a Sim product, especially when you consider that this is free to registered users...outstanding value and no wonder why you are the number 1 seller at Flightsim.com!

txs Robert!