REX Essential REX EDGE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 oneslyfox

oneslyfox

• Verified Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

Hi Kees. Unfortunately I don't know very much about the way weather can be injected into FSX. However I do notice REX2 periodically updating the weather as I fly about the virtual world, so I would have thought one of the things it injects into FSX is the spot winds for a location nearby. These winds currently do not appear to be very accurate - I'd suspect this is more an issue with the resolution of the data on the REX server as opposed to the constraints of FSX. I would have thought that the use of the free GFS model would enable REX to accurately inject spot winds every X nautical miles, not necessarily to the accuracy I was referring, but at least such that the winds aloft are in roughly the correct direction across a few levels. Otherwise IMHO there is little point in advertising 'realistic winds aloft'. I am aware that a finite number of weather layers would limit the ability to replicate cloud cover, but surely there is a way to make realistic winds aloft possible. Maybe REX could inject a few layers of the winds aloft, and when it notices a climb or descent some different layers can be injected.

I've been involved in a few FS software projects in the past and I know it's likely that I'm still asking for something which is not possible within the constraints of the program. Therefore all I'm asking for is consideration of whether this approach is possible in a future update.
REX FSX order # FSS0048441

#22 raggs

raggs

Verified

• Verified Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Excellent Information. Can't wait for the release! Kudos to the entire development team!
REX FSX order # FSS0118879

#23 Guitarman

Guitarman

Advanced Member

• FSX Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts
  • LocationFlemish Ardens

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Where to Download?Please!!!

Where did you purchased REX ? Sorry but I can't find your order number into your databases.

Essential is not available yet.

PS : Please don't copy the developer's banner into your signature ... ;).
Peter
Belgium

Never change settings in REX when FSX is running !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flightsim is not a simulation, it's a way of life !

REX FSX #16322 | REX FS9 #43312
Intel Core2 E6420 @ 2.13 Ghz. - 8Gb ram - Nvidia 8800GT/512 Mb - 2 x 22" Neovo wide screens - W7-64 Ultimate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users